+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa refused the second time, please help!

Cakz9294

Oct 10, 2018
Hey guys, can anyone help or give advice, my husband is going to reapply the third time, and also I am a Canadian citizen, so I'm really confused about their refusal, we made the second application stronger. It just makes me sad because we've told them why he would need to come and he has no intention of overstaying his visa because he has a job in a different country with a work permit. Also his PR is in the process but we haven't mentioned that yet. We will be adding more supporting documents, we hope that will help.

This is the letter that they sent him-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
You are a Canadian citizen, but are you in Canada? If not what country are you in. What is his nationality? What country is he working in? Did he apply from that country and not his home country?

Please list the documents you provided, so somebody can perhaps help with an explanation.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hey guys, can anyone help or give advice, my husband is going to reapply the third time, and also I am a Canadian citizen, so I'm really confused about their refusal, we made the second application stronger. It just makes me sad because we've told them why he would need to come and he has no intention of overstaying his visa because he has a job in a different country with a work permit. Also his PR is in the process but we haven't mentioned that yet. We will be adding more supporting documents, we hope that will help.
You probably would not want to hear this: IMO, he must not reapply. It is highly likely that he will be refused again.

Generally speaking based on other similar cases that we have seen on here, the TRV refusal reasons cited are typical and generic.

The visa officer believes the visiting spouse is not a visitor/will not leave at the end of a short visit primarily because his/her family ties will be strongest to Canada after the birth of the baby + s/he would like to wait out the PR processing instead of returning to their country of residence

What is the current status for his PR application?

Reactions: scylla

Cakz9294

Oct 10, 2018
You are a Canadian citizen, but are you in Canada? If not what country are you in. What is his nationality? What country is he working in? Did he apply from that country and not his home country?

Please list the documents you provided, so somebody can perhaps help with an explanation.
I am, but I will be returning back in a month. @russ6970

His nationality- Kazakhstan
Working in China
Applied: from China, because he has been living here for a couple of years already and he has a work permit

The supporting documents we provided:

1. Invitation letter
2. Employment letter
3. bank statement
4. marriage certificate
5. travel history

I know that's not enough, but we didn't think we needed more.

For personal assets, we have told them he doesn't have them in this country, since he is not a citizen of this country, the only ties he has with this country is his job, which he doesn't plan to leave.

We plan to submit additional documents:

1.cover letter (from him confirming his purpose of visit, travel history, and financial funds)
2.approval letter from work
3.pay stub
4.rental lease in China
5.my bank statement from Canada (another is, would I need a bank statement from my parents, since he would be staying in our family home in Canada, and my parents will provide with everything?)
6.photos of us and family
7.copies of my parents passports
8.my dads business visa (since they both work together)
9.a letter from my dad, because they both work together and my husband is under his supervision, (confirming that he will be traveling with him to Canada and back to China because they have work)

Cakz9294

Oct 10, 2018
You probably would not want to hear this: IMO, he must not reapply. It is highly likely that he will be refused again.

Generally speaking based on other similar cases that we have seen on here, the TRV refusal reasons cited are typical and generic.

The visa officer believes the visiting spouse is not a visitor/will not leave at the end of a short visit primarily because his/her family ties will be strongest to Canada after the birth of the baby + s/he would like to wait out the PR processing instead of returning to their country of residence

What is the current status for his PR application?
We recently have sent it so no status at the moment. We were debating if we should tell them that I was pregnant or not.

But I cant wait it out, I cant give birth to our baby in another country other than my own, and I would want my husband with me. What if, we send in additional documents would that help? I have listed them above.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Unfortunately you will likely have to anticipate having the child in Canada without your husband. This is not an unusual situation.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Those extra documents may help (parents bank statements etc). I agree with Bryanna though, their are a few red flags in the application which have a high possibility of him being refused again.

1. Applying from different country. CIC always like strong ties to the applicants home country. Unfortunately for him, he has not got them, so the CIC thinks that if he is staying in China, there is nothing stopping him going to Canada and staying.
2. As you are going back to Canada to have a baby, they again will think he will overstay and not go back to China.
3. If he is working for your father, that is an even bigger red flag than 1 & 2. What's to stop him going to Canada and working for your father there (CIC logic)
4. Letter from your dad stating he works for him (see number 3)
5. The only ties he has is to Canada, so again he is an overstay risk.

This is how the CIC see it. Unfortunately, the genuine people tend to lose out, as they tar a lot of people with the same brush.

Reactions: Bryanna

Cakz9294

Oct 10, 2018
I am, but I will be returning back in a month. @russ6970

His nationality- Kazakhstan
Working in China
Applied: from China, because he has been living here for a couple of years already and he has a work permit

The supporting documents we provided:

1. Invitation letter
2. Employment letter
3. bank statement
4. marriage certificate
5. travel history

I know that's not enough, but we didn't think we needed more.

For personal assets, we have told them he doesn't have them in this country, since he is not a citizen of this country, the only ties he has with this country is his job, which he doesn't plan to leave.

We plan to submit additional documents:

1.cover letter (from him confirming his purpose of visit, travel history, and financial funds)
2.approval letter from work
3.pay stub
4.rental lease in China
5.my bank statement from Canada (another is, would I need a bank statement from my parents, since he would be staying in our family home in Canada, and my parents will provide with everything?)
6.photos of us and family
7.copies of my parents passports
8.my dads business visa (since they both work together)
9.a letter from my dad, because they both work together and my husband is under his supervision, (confirming that he will be traveling with him to Canada and back to China because they have work)

Forgot to mention, we also submitted a travel itinerary with a return ticket

Cakz9294

Oct 10, 2018
Those extra documents may help (parents bank statements etc). I agree with Bryanna though, their are a few red flags in the application which have a high possibility of him being refused again.

1. Applying from different country. CIC always like strong ties to the applicants home country. Unfortunately for him, he has not got them, so the CIC thinks that if he is staying in China, there is nothing stopping him going to Canada and staying.
2. As you are going back to Canada to have a baby, they again will think he will overstay and not go back to China.
3. If he is working for your father, that is an even bigger red flag than 1 & 2. What's to stop him going to Canada and working for your father there (CIC logic)
4. Letter from your dad stating he works for him (see number 3)
5. The only ties he has is to Canada, so again he is an overstay risk.

This is how the CIC see it. Unfortunately, the genuine people tend to lose out, as they tar a lot of people with the same brush.

I see, thats truly heartbreaking, thanks for your advice. We'll see what we can do.