+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Refused, Super Visa?

arjb

Feb 26, 2017
Hello All, I have a situation and was wondering if anyone could help suggest some options..

I applied for my mom (widow) and younger brother's (minor) visitor visa online (visa office will be delhi) and it was refused with following reason:
Given economic conditions, employment prospects, considering your travel history, economic establishment and family ties, I am not satisfied that you would respect the terms of your admission as a temporary resident in Canada.

Reason for invitation is that I (PR in Canada) am getting married in couple of months in Toronto and want them here for the wedding, to make the case strong I bought return ticket for both of them. When submitting the form I attached letter of invitation from my uncle and aunt in toronto stating they will take care of boarding and lodging, invitation letter from my fiance (canadian citizen) and i stating we will take care financially while they are in canada, job letter for both my fiance and I showing together we make over $100k, proof of status in canada for us as well my uncle and aunt (also canadian citizen), confirmation letter from banquet hall that its booked for our wedding, copy of wedding card.. unfortunately my mom does not have enough bank balance (maybe $1000-$2000) but does have jewellery asset of over $20K (I did attach copy of that from govt. approved jeweller), she is business women with partnership business but tax return is usually minimum as its not very successful business, just enough to get her by monthly after all bills..

I applied for her in 2014 and it was then refused with similar reason, since then she has added Singapore (2014) and Malaysia(2016) to her travel history..

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated..

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long a trip did they request?

Note that your mother can apply for a super visa - however you minor brother cannot. To be approved for the super visa, she will still have to prove strong ties to her home country and demonstrate that she is well established there.

arjb

Feb 26, 2017
scylla said:

Note that your mother can apply for a super visa - however you minor brother cannot. To be approved for the super visa, she will still have to prove strong ties to her home country and demonstrate that she is well established there.
Trip duration was less than 30days, per ticket it is for 3 weeks..

arjb

Feb 26, 2017
scylla said:

Also, how can she show strong ties to her home country, like what are her options to show that?