+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refused... Help

reddy000

Jul 7, 2019
Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 yrs old Chinese girl, doing PhD in Australia and holding valid Australian student visa.
I'm gonna attend an academic conference in Canada this August, so I applied for visitor visa last month.
When I updated my biometrics, I received refused letter this Friday, reason as:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I had attached the invitation letter from the conference, and flight tickets have been booked and provide.
But I didn't provide cover letter.

Now I'm preparing to re-apply, but I afraid that the first refused visa will influent the second one.
This conference is important to me and there is only a month now.

Is there anybody has the similar experience can help....or apply in Australia as well can give some suggestions?

Please!!
Thanks so much!!!!

reddy000

Jul 7, 2019
Another question, expect form 5257e, others forms like 5645e we need to sign on it or not? Because 5645e has 4 sections need to be signed, can I leave that empty to do on the electronic signature at the end?
Thanks for your answer!

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Hi everyone,

I'm a 23 yrs old Chinese girl, doing PhD in Australia and holding valid Australian student visa.
I'm gonna attend an academic conference in Canada this August, so I applied for visitor visa last month.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I had attached the invitation letter from the conference, and flight tickets have been booked and provide.

Now I'm preparing to re-apply, but I afraid that the first refused visa will influent the second one.

Is there anybody has the similar experience can help....or apply in Australia as well can give some suggestions?

Please!!
Thanks so much!!!!
No harm in trying to re-apply. Its just costly. On the Letter of Explanation (cover letter) indicate why this conference is important. This is the reason why you are re-applying. Do assure the Visa Officer that you have no intentions to stay in Canada, state your reasons example you are still not done with your PhD etc...

Another question, expect form 5257e, others forms like 5645e we need to sign on it or not? Because 5645e has 4 sections need to be signed, can I leave that empty to do on the electronic signature at the end?
If you are doing online application, you can leave the signatures blank and do the electronic signatures in the end. Typing your name is simply the electronic signature.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740

reddy000

Jul 7, 2019
No harm in trying to re-apply. Its just costly. On the Letter of Explanation (cover letter) indicate why this conference is important. This is the reason why you are re-applying. Do assure the Visa Officer that you have no intentions to stay in Canada, state your reasons example you are still not done with your PhD etc...

If you are doing online application, you can leave the signatures blank and do the electronic signatures in the end. Typing your name is simply the electronic signature.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=740
Thanks so much!
I remember that I only write the travel funding as 5000 CAD, I think that is not enough. This time I will write 20,000CAD and provide saving money of 40,000 CAD, is that okay?

kat3onah

May 13, 2019
Category........
Thanks so much!
I remember that I only write the travel funding as 5000 CAD, I think that is not enough. This time I will write 20,000CAD and provide saving money of 40,000 CAD, is that okay?
I can't say as you never mentioned how long the conference is. You are only allowed to bring $10,000 CAD. But having a fat savings on your bank account is a good thing.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Hi everyone,

Please!!
Thanks so much!!!!
Your previous rejection doesn't influence future reapplication. The only way it would affect is when you did not state it which may result to ban. I know a few other who were granted even after two refusals. Being truthful only makes your case honest and you could be considered but make your cover letter convincing enough stating why the conference is important to you and all that.

Best wishes

reddy000

Jul 7, 2019
I can't say as you never mentioned how long the conference is. You are only allowed to bring $10,000 CAD. But having a fat savings on your bank account is a good thing.
Thanks for your reply!
This conference is taking about 8 days, so the funding I need to fill in 5257 form is 10,000 CAD should be better, right?
Thanks a lot!

reddy000

Jul 7, 2019
Your previous rejection doesn't influence future reapplication. The only way it would affect is when you did not state it which may result to ban. I know a few other who were granted even after two refusals. Being truthful only makes your case honest and you could be considered but make your cover letter convincing enough stating why the conference is important to you and all that.

Best wishes
Thanks for your reply!
This time I write a long explanation letter to explain my purpose and state last time was my purpose of visit. And I declare I will leave Canada after conference and back to Australia and continue my study.
I also provide my scholarship offer, payslip and current student letter ect.
That should be fine?

Thanks a lot!

Reactions: Inspecta

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Thanks for your reply!
This time I write a long explanation letter to explain my purpose and state last time was my purpose of visit. And I declare I will leave Canada after conference and back to Australia and continue my study.
I also provide my scholarship offer, payslip and current student letter ect.
That should be fine?

Thanks a lot!
Snap your Australian visa page also, as proof of evidence

reddy000

Jul 7, 2019
Snap your Australian visa page also, as proof of evidence
Yes.
Here are all the doc. I am attached in cover letter:
Offer with scholarship statement, current student confirmation, payslip, supervisors support letter, flight ticket, accommodation, insurance, itinerary and conference schedule.
Travel history I am attached all the stamps on passport, e-visa of Australia and some of boarding pass.
I think that should be sufficient to proof my purpose.

Cjay23

May 21, 2019
Yes.
Offer with scholarship statement, current student confirmation, payslip, supervisors support letter, flight ticket, accommodation, insurance, itinerary and conference schedule.
Travel history I am attached all the stamps on passport, e-visa of Australia and some of boarding pass.
Best wishes

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
Yes.
Are you going to present a poster or have an oral presentation at the conference? Or simply attending the conference? It is rare that your first application was declined.
Just a reminder, you put 4000 when you first filed your application. And now you are gonna put 20000?this is a huge discrepancy.
Best wishes.

reddy000

Jul 7, 2019
Are you going to present a poster or have an oral presentation at the conference? Or simply attending the conference? It is rare that your first application was declined.
Just a reminder, you put 4000 when you first filed your application. And now you are gonna put 20000?this is a huge discrepancy.
Best wishes.
Hi there,
I'm going to give a poster presentation. At the first time, I put 4000 that was not enough. Then second time I decide to put 10,000 CAD that looks better.
Thanks.

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
Hi there,
I'm going to give a poster presentation. At the first time, I put 4000 that was not enough. Then second time I decide to put 10,000 CAD that looks better.
Thanks.
That is good. Just to make sure all your information you submitted first time and information you submitted second time is consistent. Hope you get approved.

random1992

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
Canada
AOR Received.
21-02-2018
Med's Request
01-06-2018
Passport Req..
19-06-2019
Hi there,
Thanks.
Also, you may consider providing SOP, which states and outlines what you will actually do during the conference. Just like a planning note, day 1 in Canada: what you will be doing etc. It gives the office a clear picture about your plans and convince the officer that you will be returning to Australia.