+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refusal

Msalgotra

Feb 13, 2018
I am International student in Canada from past 10 months. I applied for my husband from India for Visitor visa but it got rejected two days ago. Now, some agents are saying we should apply for Open work permit directly and some are saying we should apply for visitor visa again. What should we do? We are so tensed. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Prajwalsharmaa

Nov 3, 2017
See he can go for both.It would be advisable if he applied atleast after 2-3 months.Having sufficient funds in bank maybe 12-15000CAD atleast and a good invitation letter from your college or uni. Not a sponsor ship one. If he applies for visitor visa. For open work permit u may consult a good immigration who are ICCRC so that they can guide u well.
Good Luck

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
I am International student in Canada from past 10 months. I applied for my husband from India for Visitor visa but it got rejected two days ago. Now, some agents are saying we should apply for Open work permit directly and some are saying we should apply for visitor visa again. What should we do? We are so tensed. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
I have a frnd with same case. Married and came to canada last year with a study permit. Her husband applied twice for visitor visa but got refused. Most students indicate in their SOP that they will return back but after landing here, they try to bring their spouse and thats where the visa officers know that the student has no intention to return. If granted the visitor visa to spouse, then he/she will also not return. Her husband applied through a agent in delhi for his visa. My frnd is now discussing with a immigration lawyer here in toronto. This entire process just causes frustration and waste of money. But honestly, there are so many cases like yours and many were able to bring their spouses so pick a good lawyer and keep your fingers crossed. Dont rush! Too many rejections will just spoil his record.

Last edited:

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Thanks for your reply but agents are saying we should appeal asap by attaching more documents to the file
Find a New Agent! It can be done, but it involves cubic dollars and a long time waiting.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=422&top=16

How do I get help if my visa application is refused?
There is no formal appeal process if your application for a temporary resident visa is refused.

Should you wish to re-apply, you should do so only if your situation has changed substantively or you have significant new information to submit.

Msalgotra

Feb 13, 2018
appeal? u mean reapply?
What documents did u provide the first time? what is ur husbands profile? Does he have a job in home country? how much funds did u show?normally u should have funds for both u and ur husband's living expense. Do not rush and apply second time put together ur documents properly
Yeah, reapply using more documents. Last time,my agent didn't include my documents properly like no job letter and all those things and this time, he wil include my job letter, rental lease and more funds

Msalgotra

Feb 13, 2018
I have a frnd with same case. Married and came to canada last year with a study permit. Her husband applied twice for visitor visa but got refused. Most students indicate in their SOP that they will return back but after landing here, they try to bring their spouse and thats where the visa officers know that the student has no intention to return. If granted the visitor visa to spouse, then he/she will also not return. Her husband applied through a agent in delhi for his visa. My frnd is now discussing with a immigration lawyer here in toronto. This entire process just causes frustration and waste of money. But honestly, there are so many cases like yours and many were able to bring their spouses so pick a good lawyer and keep your fingers crossed. Dont rush! Too many rejections will just spoil his record.
Which lawyer ur frnd is dealing with?

Helican

Champion Member
Aug 18, 2017
India
Visa Office......
bangalore
VISA ISSUED...
08-17-2017
LANDED..........
Sept 2, 2017
Which lawyer ur frnd is dealing with?
Will ask and inbox you.. I personally have a bad experience with agents but not everybody is bad. I may have been unlucky like many others so I am only going to a lawyer next time if ever the need be.