+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa refusal - need help

parminderk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Hi

I am PR of Canada. My brother applied for visitor visa but got refusal in Nov 2018. I have received GCMS information. Below are the reasons given for refusal. he is single and is about 30 yrs old. I have written my explanation in red. could you please guide if he should apply again and when he should reapply?

- A16(1) Host Income
You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets. my spouse and i work in supervisory roles and provided our pay slips and notes of assessment for most recent year. we own a house and for that we provided recent property tax bill and a utility bill
- Travel History
i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based your travel history
- R179(b) assets
i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
he works as teacher and own a house and farming land, the supporting documents were provided. also had bank balance of about CAD 20,000

thank you

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi

I am PR of Canada. My brother applied for visitor visa but got refusal in Nov 2018. I have received GCMS information. Below are the reasons given for refusal. he is single and is about 30 yrs old. I have written my explanation in red. could you please guide if he should apply again and when he should reapply?

- A16(1) Host Income
You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets. my spouse and i work in supervisory roles and provided our pay slips and notes of assessment for most recent year. we own a house and for that we provided recent property tax bill and a utility bill
- Travel History
i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based your travel history
- R179(b) assets
i am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
he works as teacher and own a house and farming land, the supporting documents were provided. also had bank balance of about CAD 20,000

thank you
1. How long did he want to visit and why?

2. Did he purchase the house and farm land with his own income? Or was it gifted to him?

3. Does his bank balance match his ITRs and his declared sources of income?

4. List of documents that he submitted

5. Does he live with any dependent family members? Any loan or mortgage? Credit cards?

parminderk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
1. How long did he want to visit and why?

2. Did he purchase the house and farm land with his own income? Or was it gifted to him?

3. Does his bank balance match his ITRs and his declared sources of income?

4. List of documents that he submitted

5. Does he live with any dependent family members? Any loan or mortgage? Credit cards?

Hello Bryanna, thank you for the reply

1. He wanted to visit for about 5 weeks for my birthday

2. it was gifted. we showed only ownership documents

3. His ITRs would not match exactly with his bank balance because agriculture income is exempt from tax in India. he filed ITRs only for income from his job as teacher

4. He sumitted
- Documents from us:--sponsorship letter, receipt of booking of hall for my birthday party, pay stubs for me and my spouse, proof of our own home in Canada (property tax bill, one utility bill, copies of our passports and PR cards
- Documents from him:-- letter from his employer, pay stubs, letter for vacation approval from his employer, bank statements, farmland ownership papers, house valuation papers, travel insurance, cover letter

5. yes, our parents but we did not write anything in cover letter. no loans / mortgages. No credit card could you pls let me know the information is provided in case he has any loans/mortgage/ credit card

Regards

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. He wanted to visit for about 5 weeks for my birthday
Birthdays are not considered as compelling reasons to visit. Also, a birthday is a one day event, and someone does not have to stay for 5 weeks for it.

2. it was gifted. we showed only ownership documents
This is not a good idea as it implies that the property ownership was done only to create an artificial tie to India.

3. His ITRs would not match exactly with his bank balance because agriculture income is exempt from tax in India. he filed ITRs only for income from his job as teacher
Again, if he did not include a copy of his Form J for the agricultural income, then I think his salary and ITRs as a teacher is quite low and won't support his visit.

His bank balance does not match his declared sources of income = It would seem like it was transferred from someone for the visa application

4. He sumitted
- Documents from us:--sponsorship letter, receipt of booking of hall for my birthday party, pay stubs for me and my spouse, proof of our own home in Canada (property tax bill, one utility bill, copies of our passports and PR cards
Your documents are not relevant as compared to your brother's documents.

- Documents from him:-- letter from his employer, pay stubs, letter for vacation approval from his employer, bank statements, farmland ownership papers, house valuation papers, travel insurance, cover letter
Unfortunately, none of these are strong ties in his case.

Did he prove that he actively manages the farms?

5. yes, our parents but we did not write anything in cover letter. no loans / mortgages. No credit card could you pls let me know the information is provided in case he has any loans/mortgage/ credit card
No loans, no credit cards, no mortgages..... it either implies that your brother earns exceptionally well.... or else he is not credit worthy

parminderk

Star Member
Sep 7, 2014
Birthdays are not considered as compelling reasons to visit. Also, a birthday is a one day event, and someone does not have to stay for 5 weeks for it.

This is not a good idea as it implies that the property ownership was done only to create an artificial tie to India.

Again, if he did not include a copy of his Form J for the agricultural income, then I think his salary and ITRs as a teacher is quite low and won't support his visit.

His bank balance does not match his declared sources of income = It would seem like it was transferred from someone for the visa application

Your documents are not relevant as compared to your brother's documents.

Unfortunately, none of these are strong ties in his case.

Did he prove that he actively manages the farms?

No loans, no credit cards, no mortgages..... it either implies that your brother earns exceptionally well.... or else he is not credit worthy

Hi Bryanna,
Thank you so much for your replies

1) I agree

2) Please let me know what other documents should be provided for property ownership

3) Sorry, I forgot to mention that h did show a copy of his Form J for the agricultural income

4) Then why did they provide following as one of the reason for refusal
A16(1) Host Income
You have not provided sufficient documentation to support your or your host's income and assets.

5) Could you please provide some information on how he can prove that he actively manages the farms

6) He has credit card but he hardly uses it.
- Let's assume he actively uses it, does he need to provide credit card statement for that?
- Also, what can be provided in case the applicant has loans or mortgage?

Thank you