+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa refusal from Jamaica

sulee908

Jun 20, 2018
I was going to invite one of my friends in Jamaica to Canada and I sent him invitation letter and my financial information to support him and Will provide accommodation so he doesn't need to pay for hotel and he just wanted to trip to Canada for a week. But the visa’s rejected because of his travel history and he visited the USA in 2009.
If he wants to apply it again, what does he need to do? And I’m Canadian permanent resident.

Please let me know!
Thank you,
Su

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I was going to invite one of my friends in Jamaica to Canada and I sent him invitation letter and my financial information to support him and Will provide accommodation so he doesn't need to pay for hotel and he just wanted to trip to Canada for a week. But the visa’s rejected because of his travel history and he visited the USA in 2009.
If he wants to apply it again, what does he need to do? And I’m Canadian permanent resident.

Please let me know!
Thank you,
Su
Did he show any funds of his own? He has to show he is able to pay for the trip on his own, regardless of whether you will actually do so.

sulee908

Jun 20, 2018
Did he show any funds of his own? He has to show he is able to pay for the trip on his own, regardless of whether you will actually do so.

Thanks for the reply! Yes he did and actually the refusal reasons are travel history and his financial. So he will show more funds in his account next time but don't know what should we do about travel history....please help

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for the reply! Yes he did and actually the refusal reasons are travel history and his financial. So he will show more funds in his account next time but don't know what should we do about travel history....please help
So what did he actually show as his financial proof?

We can’t really help you if you don’t share what your friend actually submitted and some context about his profile. age range, employment, family structure, etc. But being from a country like Jamaica may have also played a part in the decision.

sulee908

Jun 20, 2018
He showed his bank account statement about cad $3000 and 38 years old, submitted employment letter(working in the resort), family structure letters, divorced wife and son, mother and 2 sisters in Jamaica and 2 brothers and 3 sisters in USA.
I WONDER WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT HIS TRAVEL HISTORY.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
Travel history is a factor in the decision not a reason by itself. Meaning that if the applicant was short on some aspect the travel history can makeup for it.

You can reapply with more funds but you need to wait at least six months.

sulee908

Jun 20, 2018
Travel history is a factor in the decision not a reason by itself. Meaning that if the applicant was short on some aspect the travel history can makeup for it.

You can reapply with more funds but you need to wait at least six months.

Thank you so much for the reply. Then it means that he doesn't need to worry about travel history if he has more funds when he reapply?

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
The main reason is funds, he needs to have more funds and keep it for six months. It's also a good idea to get a Schengen visa too and use it to show travel history.

sulee908

Jun 20, 2018
The main reason is funds, he needs to have more funds and keep it for six months. It's also a good idea to get a Schengen visa too and use it to show travel history.
What is Schengen visa and how does it help to get a visitor visa to Canada? And Would you let me know how much fund is enough to get a visa for a week trip to Canada?

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
I need your support please. I am MPNP EE stream applicant and I will have to apply under EE after nomination.

I have applied to MPNP under NOC 1112 and I am having 4 years of experience in this NOC in last 5 years.

Now, My company is shifting me to another department so my NOC could be changed,

1) If my NOC changes before nomination, Should I inform to MPNP and create new entry in EE for new NOC. Please advise.

2) If my NOC get changed after nomination but before ITA then should I create a new entry in EE profile for new NOC?

3) If my NOC changes after ITA and before submission then what should I do?

Summary: If my NOC changes after nomination then it would be wise to create new entry in EE profile to update new NOC?. I am afraid that VO will see that my current NOC is changed from the NOC I get nominated and It may be the reason for rejection.

Need practical advise please.

LifeDreamer

Feb 14, 2018
You have posted in the wrong section of the forum. Anyways don't worry it will not affect your application no need to create another EE profile.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
He showed his bank account statement about cad $3000 and 38 years old, submitted employment letter(working in the resort), family structure letters, divorced wife and son, mother and 2 sisters in Jamaica and 2 brothers and 3 sisters in USA.
I WONDER WHAT SHOULD WE DO ABOUT HIS TRAVEL HISTORY.
Travel History is a generic refusal reason. It is incorrect to focus on just this one refusal reason.

IMO, your friend has an overall weak application:
His finances are low (indicates weak employment ties and a weak financial situation) + no previous travel to visa-required countries (no idea how long he stayed in the US in 2009) + no strong ties to Jamaica (no property/land ownership + his mother and siblings won't count as family ties, and being divorced doesn't help unless these family members are dependent on him) + being from Jamaica doesn't help too.

I would not advise borrowing/transferring money to his bank account and then presenting this inflated bank balance as funds available for his visit. Simple math would prove it is not his money.

The visa officer is probably not convinced that he is a genuine visitor. Why would he spend a significant amount of his savings for a visit of just one week?

Reactions: bellaluna