+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Reapply

adupadhy

Sep 29, 2021
Hi folks,

I submitted visitor visa application for my parents on Sept 1st, 2021 and their bio-metrics is scheduled for Oct 4th. I just saw the IMM-5257 that I uploaded and I have filled 'Purpose of travel' as "TOURISM". Since my parents are just visiting me in Canada , do you think I should re-apply by selecting "Family visit" as purpose of travel? FYI, I have not uploaded any travel itinerary.

If I re-submit it, shall i apply it via GCKEY portal or IRCC portal? And will there be any issue if I submit the new application with Family Visit as purpose of travel?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
Hi folks,

I submitted visitor visa application for my parents on Sept 1st, 2021 and their bio-metrics is scheduled for Oct 4th. I just saw the IMM-5257 that I uploaded and I have filled 'Purpose of travel' as "TOURISM". Since my parents are just visiting me in Canada , do you think I should re-apply by selecting "Family visit" as purpose of travel? FYI, I have not uploaded any travel itinerary.

If I re-submit it, shall i apply it via GCKEY portal or IRCC portal? And will there be any issue if I submit the new application with Family Visit as purpose of travel?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Better to wait for biometrics update and then reapply again with change in purpose of travel if there is no update in current application. Applicants through GCKEY are more satisfied then IRCC. GCKEY has quicker response.

Taba1234

Dec 17, 2021
I have a question I applied on dec 14th for my mother's visit visa on gckey because I didn't know about the new portal that time.After that on dec 19th I applied again on the new portal.my mother got request for passport for the gckey account.Then today I got another email for the new portal about biometric(My mother's biometric was done in 2018 so no need to do again).My question is what I have to do now?I am trying to call and email them but no response.My mother will submit her passport tomorrow accourfing to gckey application.Thanks.