Visitor Visa questions

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Hi Guys

I have a few questions in regards to the visitor visa application for my mother.

1. For the invitation letter, is it supposed to be personal or concise and straight to the point?
2. Do I need to include my details only (PR) or my brother's as well (on work permit)? I am the one writing the invitation letter.
3. My mothers current visa expires in Feb 2018. Can I apply in January 2018? Or I have to wait until her current one expires first.
4. Can I show $9000 cad for a 2 week stay? Or is it too less?

Any advice would be much appreciated

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
1. For the invitation letter, is it supposed to be personal or concise and straight to the point?
Formal, not personal.... factual, not emotional.... addressed to the visa officer

2. Do I need to include my details only (PR) or my brother's as well (on work permit)? I am the one writing the invitation letter.
If your brother lives at the same address as yourself then do state the details of yourself and your brother..... in point format (Name/ Date of birth/ Nationality/ Passport details/ PR card number/ Address/ Employment/ Relationship)

3. My mothers current visa expires in Feb 2018. Can I apply in January 2018? Or I have to wait until her current one expires first.
You can apply in January

4. Can I show $9000 cad for a 2 week stay? Or is it too less?
Your mom needs to show she has the funds even though you will provide accommodation/pay for her airfare.

The funds she states must be hers + an explanation for any large deposits + must be able to pay for the itinerary that she submits

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
Formal, not personal.... factual, not emotional.... addressed to the visa officer

If your brother lives at the same address as yourself then do state the details of yourself and your brother..... in point format (Name/ Date of birth/ Nationality/ Passport details/ PR card number/ Address/ Employment/ Relationship)

You can apply in January

Your mom needs to show she has the funds even though you will provide accommodation/pay for her airfare.

The funds she states must be hers + an explanation for any large deposits + must be able to pay for the itinerary that she submits

Thank you for your advice! Also do I need to attach any employment letter or bank statements from my side? Or it should be only from my mum's side?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your advice! Also do I need to attach any employment letter or bank statements from my side? Or it should be only from my mum's side?
You:
Copies of your passport + NOA + PR card + bank statement (employment letter is not necessary, but do provide the details in the invitation letter) + your birth certificate.

Your mom:
Her financials (bank statements + investments) + any evidence that proves her strong ties/reasons to return to her home country

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
You:
Copies of your passport + NOA + PR card + bank statement (employment letter is not necessary, but do provide the details in the invitation letter) + your birth certificate.

Your mom:
Her financials (bank statements + investments) + any evidence that proves her strong ties/reasons to return to her home country
Okay so do I need to include work permit and employment from my brother as well? Or just list him on the forms is fine?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Okay so do I need to include work permit and employment from my brother as well? Or just list him on the forms is fine?
You are the host. If your brother is not supporting your mom's visit in any way (for example, providing accommodation and/or paying for her travel and living expenses) + if he does not live at the same address as yourself then you must only list him on the Family Information form.

Although your brother's details are on the IRCC system, you would not want to make it too obvious that your mom's family ties to Canada are stronger than to her home country