Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015
HI All,

My parents Passport & Canada Visitor Visa are expiring in April 2023.

We are planning to renew the passport in January.

Can the Visitor/ Super Visa application be started in Jan/Feb ... like as soon as New Passport comes? Or will have to wait until the old visa expires in April & then only can I apply for Visitor/ Super Visa?

Please advise & share your experience.

ShahPrateek

Jun 4, 2014
CANADA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Nomination.....
09-09-2014
IELTS Request
Sent With Application
File Transfer...
Not aware when it was done!!
Med's Request
09-10-2014
Med's Done....
01-11-2014... 3rd line updated on 11 Nov 2014
Interview........
Waived !!
Passport Req..
27-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
10-03-2015
LANDED..........
23-07-2015

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
The visa in old passport is valid till its expiry. They can use it even if you apply and get their new passport. If traveling any time in the new year they need to carry their old and new passport.

In Canada they can only stay upto the validity of the visa. You cannot apply for extension from Canada and necessarily have to exit the country before visa validity expires.

If there is no travel planned apply for visa again once the new passport is recieved.

Balwinder04

Nov 14, 2022
Hi

I got married last year and I am a recent PR in canada. My husband is also a PR and has been staying in canada for over 5 years.

I am applying for visitor visa on behalf of my parents through ircc portal. I am a recent PR (got card in February) and still looking for jobs. I mostly staying home for now. Can I utilize my husband’s employment documents ( job offer, pay stubs) to support that employment documents requested in the visitor visa application from my end.

is it okay and correct to show the husband’s documents if wife is not working Or how should I present my employment status in canada ?

Further, i am providing all other required and supporting documents such as funds, marriage certificate, identity documents from my parents end.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Best regards

trvdxb

Dec 9, 2019
Hi

I got married last year and I am a recent PR in canada. My husband is also a PR and has been staying in canada for over 5 years.

I am applying for visitor visa on behalf of my parents through ircc portal. I am a recent PR (got card in February) and still looking for jobs. I mostly staying home for now. Can I utilize my husband’s employment documents ( job offer, pay stubs) to support that employment documents requested in the visitor visa application from my end.

is it okay and correct to show the husband’s documents if wife is not working Or how should I present my employment status in canada ?

Further, i am providing all other required and supporting documents such as funds, marriage certificate, identity documents from my parents end.

Any suggestions will be much appreciated!

Best regards
You can include your husband financial along with the invitation letter, however for visit visa, your parents have to establish their case and submit their financials and they have to prove that they can bear the entire cost of the visit, ties to home country and travel history if any?