+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa queries

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
Applying for visitor visa for parents , Canadian PR here. Apart from bank statements , what can i provide as evidence for the fact that parents will return back home after their visit and demonstrate family ties ?
Should I write a letter stating their intent? Should they write a letter of intent?

Reactions: PrinceIsaac254

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
If your parents have property in their name, that will help establish ties to home country and go back.

Write a Letter of Invitation and Mention about your parents social life in their home country etc.

You can find many samples on the Internet.

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
vkamath , Thank you - But my parents do not have any property. The letter of invitation is addressed to my parents right ? In that letter i mention their social life to themself ? Bit confused here.. appreciate any advice

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
A Letter of Invitation is addressed to the Visa office or immigration office at the Consulate, Embassy or High Commissioner.

Are your parents employed or are they in a government service? Do you have any siblings back home? if yes thats a strong reason to go back. Do your parents have travel history if yes that helps convince the office they honored the visa conditions before and they will honor it again.
Try to see it from the point of view of a visa officer who has no idea about your parents. He has to make a decision based on your documentation.

Regarding Social life, if mean my parents travel from their current residence to the ancestral home in the village 2-3 times a year to attend family functions. I provided tickets mentioning that as proof.

You can research this forum/reddit or google about this. I am sure there are people who have the Visitor visa approved who are in the same situation as you.

Wish you all the best bro.

toro345

Aug 25, 2018
vkamath , Thank you. Yes they have travel history and that was prior to 5 years , so i ended up not sharing the first time. They both are retired and have ties back home. When you mean you shared tickets as proof , did you mean proof of future travel in the home country ?

vkamath

Nov 30, 2022
Past travel within home country.

Again, Write the best you can buddy and hope for the best.