+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing time

sandeep.b60

May 10, 2024
What is the typical processing time for a visitor visa? My wife and I applied for a visitor visa on February 28th. She received the PPR on March 20th, but I have not yet received a decision on my visa application. Could you please advise on possible reasons for the delay in processing my file?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What is the typical processing time for a visitor visa? My wife and I applied for a visitor visa on February 28th. She received the PPR on March 20th, but I have not yet received a decision on my visa application. Could you please advise on possible reasons for the delay in processing my file?
Google - IRCC processing and check. Depends where you live. It is an estimate when most get a response, not all.

sandeep.b60

May 10, 2024
Yes, but I filed the visa application together with my wife, and she has received the PPR. However, I haven't received mine. Why is that ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes, but I filed the visa application together with my wife, and she has received the PPR. However, I haven't received mine. Why is that ?
Your applications are processed separately each based on your own profile. Can be assessed by a different officer too. Has your eligibility/background been completed? Have you lived in different countries?

sandeep.b60

May 10, 2024
We both live in India and are government employee. My biometric and eligibility is completed. Background - In progress