+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing time

Jana92

May 27, 2019
I applied for a visitor visa to Canada on June 22, 2022. At that time, the processing time was shown on Canada.ca website was 42 days. However, I am checking now Canada.ca website, it shows that processing time for the visitor visa is 87 days. Would the applications take 42 days or 87 days? Which processing time applies to their applications, the processing time shown at the date of application and or the updated one?
Kindly note that on IRCC portal, the processing time bar doesn't show anything.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I applied for a visitor visa to Canada on June 22, 2022. At that time, the processing time was shown on Canada.ca website was 42 days. However, I am checking now Canada.ca website, it shows that processing time for the visitor visa is 87 days. Would the applications take 42 days or 87 days? Which processing time applies to their applications, the processing time shown at the date of application and or the updated one?
Kindly note that on IRCC portal, the processing time bar doesn't show anything.
Processing times are average so consider it as 87 days.

Nemanjar

Mar 8, 2022
Hi all, I have applied for a visitor visa(family sponsor) in june 12-th. On the document imm52..something I stated to visit my family in Canada during the whole October month same year. However its been like 5 months from apply date and still no definite response.
So my question is will my visa application be denied because I stated to visit in October and now its almost december.

Also, is a plot of land as a "tie to your home country" any good document to turn in on a application?(Sory I know its offtopic but better to track one topic than 3)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi all, I have applied for a visitor visa(family sponsor) in june 12-th. On the document imm52..something I stated to visit my family in Canada during the whole October month same year. However its been like 5 months from apply date and still no definite response.
So my question is will my visa application be denied because I stated to visit in October and now its almost december.

Also, is a plot of land as a "tie to your home country" any good document to turn in on a application?(Sory I know its offtopic but better to track one topic than 3)
IRCC doesn’t care when you visit so no impact. Do you rent out the lot of land and make income from it? If so it is a tie. If just a plot of land, no.

say31

Apr 11, 2024
Hello Guys , I applied for Canada tourist visa on 8th Feb from UK on Indian passport . There is still no update on IRCC. does anyone got their confirmation who applied in Feb from UK?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Guys , I applied for Canada tourist visa on 8th Feb from UK on Indian passport . There is still no update on IRCC. does anyone got their confirmation who applied in Feb from UK?
You will get no confirmation for some time as processing from the UK is over 300 days. There are specific UK threads of people waiting since last year.