+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa processing is taking very long

gagantrivago

Aug 31, 2018
i applied for visitor visa on July 5th,2018.Already its been more than 58 days but still my file is under process.May i know what are the chances of its approval now..........

unlucky_chaser

Star Member
Sep 1, 2015
Took 80 days for me. Even though applications in the US should take only 11 days. I'd say your chances are good if it's not rejected outright, but it can take them months and months. Do not make any kind of plans and definitely do not book tickets.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Took 80 days for me. Even though applications in the US should take only 11 days. I'd say your chances are good if it's not rejected outright, but it can take them months and months. Do not make any kind of plans and definitely do not book tickets.
It's practically impossible and one should not assume that the longer it takes to process a TRV application, the better the chances of approval.

We have seen applicants who have waited for months on end only to be refused at the end of that long wait. Not saying that this will happen to either yourself or the OP. The point is until you have your passport back, you would not know

Last edited:

visalen

Aug 22, 2018
It's practically impossible and one should not assume that the longer it takes to process a TRV application, the better the chances of approval.

We have seen applicants who have waited for months on end only to be refused at the end of that long wait. Not saying that this will happen to either yourself or the OP. The point is until you have your passport back, you would not know
thank you so much Bryanna for you quick response and advise. I would really appreciate if you help me with uploading of documents for super visa online submission. This is how i arrange the documents, please advise if i am doing it correctly or not ? Thanks

Invitation Letter

Letter of Invitation

Copy of my Passport

Marriage Certificate

Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter (required)

Promise Letter

My Bank statement

My Investment Statement

My Emp Letter

My NOA

My T4

My Pay Stub

Proof of Means of Financial Support (required)

Father’s Bank statements (6 months)

Father’s FDR’s

Property letter

Purpose of Travel - Other (required)

Doctors Note (wife pregnant)

Travel Itinerary

Canadian Medical Insurance

Proof of Relationship (required)

My Birth Certificate

Client Information (optional)
Pictures

baban0488

Sep 1, 2018
Hi,
I have applied for Canada visitor visa online on 5th june 2018 with my wife and son where my wife and son got the approvel in 7days but my application is still pending and its been 116days now. There is no point of contact and i have raised queries as well but no reply from them. I had plans to visit in july. What to do?

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
Hi,
I have applied for Canada visitor visa online on 5th june 2018 with my wife and son where my wife and son got the approvel in 7days but my application is still pending and its been 116days now. There is no point of contact and i have raised queries as well but no reply from them. I had plans to visit in july. What to do?
hey there mine application 112 days . still waiting:(

baban0488

Sep 1, 2018
My wife and son is co-applicant with me in same application, their visas got approved in 7days but mine is still processing , can anyone suggest what to do because i have sent them email and also raised query on their website but didnt get any reply yet.

Manpreet_2233

Nov 2, 2017
My wife and son is co-applicant with me in same application, their visas got approved in 7days but mine is still processing , can anyone suggest what to do because i have sent them email and also raised query on their website but didnt get any reply yet.
Yeah but cant do anything without waiting

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Do you work in the military, police or a government department? Have you traveled to high-risk countries?

Pmalhi

Star Member
May 8, 2018
Same here applied on june 15th, still waiting.
Sent them a query but no reply. This is soo frustrating now.

baban0488

Sep 1, 2018
What is the meaning of Visitor acknowledgement letter , i have got that email last month but there is no attached letter with that..?

Sep 4, 2018
I have similar experience. My colleague (also PhD student, Chinese citizenship and resident of Denmark) needs to visit Canada for a research project. Visas (to attend conferences, visit offices overseas) for the USA, South Africa and Russia was processed in a few days up to a couple of weeks. Canada has now taken almost three months. This is getting ridiculous.

Reactions: unlucky_chaser