+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa process update ???

aruns1989

Jul 10, 2020
I applied for visitor visa during feb first week nd application got received during second week of feb but due to the unfortunate covid situation the process was put on hold we received a letter stating that we will be returning the passport and immigration office will let us know when the process starts back but still we didnt get ny update. Our application is 4 months old now not sure wat to do in this case. did anyone face this issue could you please advise.

ds170

Jul 18, 2020
Hi, I had also applied for Visitor visa in Feb end - Biometric etc was completed but until now there has been no update. My spouse holds a PR and I also applied for work permit in May (after securing a job in Canada). We have emailed IRCC saying we are exempt from travel (on grounds that spouse holds a PR) but have not heard anything at all yet. I am also not sure how else to follow-up on this.

sai_chaitanya2001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
PR holder and spouse of PR holder are exempt from travel restrictions. You should have received this info from IRCC. Did you get the latest info from IRCC when you sent email ?

mr.ankit.pandey

Jul 2, 2019
Hey Guys, I need to apply for a visitor visa for my spouse, are the applications being approved during the pandemic? also her Visitor visa was denied once pre-Covid-19 would that affect anything, also I would be applying the same in Oct once I am married, would love to hear your thoughts/inputs?

mittu2021

Star Member
Aug 27, 2020
Hj
Saturday at 4:56 PM
my time line
passport request letter 4 august
passport submitted to vfs Doha- 5 august
passport reached canadian embassy - 8 august
passport under process at IRCC since 11 august
Visit Visa
anyone facing similar timeline.
Also raised query thru web form ircc; reply is your query will be answered in 28 days
Any idea when will passport stamping done???