+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa parents

AK84

Aug 11, 2011
Hello there,

If someone could assist with below scenario and questions, it'd be highly appreciated:

I am trying to invite my parents on the visitor visa to spent some time with me in summer.

Question 1: My parents speak and understand very limited English, should I select "English" as an answer to the questions below in the generic form or "Neither"?

Are you able to communicate in English or french?

Question 2: My parents do not know the date of birth of their parents/sisters, what should be the best course of action in filling the family form? Should we leave the date of births blank or fill in the educated guess and stick with the same dates for the future correspondence with CIC?

Question 3: My parents just want to come for three week in summer on visit visa. is it a valid reason or do i need to show up something special occasions or event to celebrate with them?

Please help me out !

Thanks,

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi,

1. You may select 'English' or 'Neither'. This answer would help in case they are called for an interview (which is quite rare).

2. You must fill "*" (asterisk/star sign) for the unknown day/month/year.

3. You do not need an event/special occasion to invite your parents. You can say you would like them to visit to see how you live/work, see the new country which you have made as your home, sightseeing, etc.

Do prepare a day-by-day itinerary for the above with expense estimates. It will indicate they have a well-defined purpose of visit

Cheers