+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa or Supervisa??

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Hello All,

I am planning to call my mother in Canada for a couple of months to visit me. I have my mother and sister back home.
I am a PR here in Canada.

I have 2 options.
1. Visitor Visa: I can apply for a regular multiple entry visa. My mother has a property and a business (sole proprietor since my dad passed away in 2019) that she runs in India. She also has a dependant (my sister) she needs to take care of. I believe we have the funds and strong ties to show. However, you are never sure about Visitor visa’s approval.
2. Super Visa: I am not so sure about the process of super visa. But as I am on PR, and I have a good income here, this is also an option. I have heard that the rejection rates are less for super visa. But I am not sure of the processing time for super visa.

Request to provide some suggestions on what path should I take? My mother has never applied for a Canadian visa. I have seen people trying with Visitor visa first and if not successful, then they go for super visa.
Let me know how should I go about it?
Is visitor visa a good option or should I directly go with Super Visa?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I am planning to call my mother in Canada for a couple of months to visit me. I have my mother and sister back home.
I am a PR here in Canada.

I have 2 options.
1. Visitor Visa: I can apply for a regular multiple entry visa. My mother has a property and a business (sole proprietor since my dad passed away in 2019) that she runs in India. She also has a dependant (my sister) she needs to take care of. I believe we have the funds and strong ties to show. However, you are never sure about Visitor visa’s approval.
2. Super Visa: I am not so sure about the process of super visa. But as I am on PR, and I have a good income here, this is also an option. I have heard that the rejection rates are less for super visa. But I am not sure of the processing time for super visa.

Request to provide some suggestions on what path should I take? My mother has never applied for a Canadian visa. I have seen people trying with Visitor visa first and if not successful, then they go for super visa.
Let me know how should I go about it?
Is visitor visa a good option or should I directly go with Super Visa?
Did you meet LICO on your NOA? Money earned is what is important for NOA not salary? How old is your sister? How much liquid funds can your mother show?

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Did you meet LICO on your NOA? Money earned is what is important for NOA not salary? How old is your sister? How much liquid funds can your mother show?
Yes. I did meet LICO.
My sister is 24 years old. She is working in India and lives with my mother.

In terms of Liquid Funds, she can show around CAD 25,000 (10,000 in account + 15,000 Fixed Deposit).
She has a business on her name + Property papers.

Let me know how to proceed.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Yes. I did meet LICO.
My sister is 24 years old. She is working in India and lives with my mother.

In terms of Liquid Funds, she can show around CAD 25,000 (10,000 in account + 15,000 Fixed Deposit).
She has a business on her name + Property papers.

Let me know how to proceed.
Just want to point out that your sister doesn't sound like a "dependent" of your mom.

If you are applying for super visa, it doesn't include your sister. For TRV they are in 2 applications.

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
Just want to point out that your sister doesn't sound like a "dependent" of your mom.

If you are applying for super visa, it doesn't include your sister. For TRV they are in 2 applications.
I am not planning to apply for my Sister's TRV with my mom.
I am currently only applying for my mom. Is that an issue?

And are you suggesting I apply for my mom's Super Visa and then my sister's TRV afterwards?

Also, what's the processing time for Super Visa these days?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I am not planning to apply for my Sister's TRV with my mom.
I am currently only applying for my mom. Is that an issue?

And are you suggesting I apply for my mom's Super Visa and then my sister's TRV afterwards?

Also, what's the processing time for Super Visa these days?
No issue to apply seperately. I don't know current processing time.

ronitsharma

Star Member
Sep 4, 2017
No issue to apply seperately. I don't know current processing time.
One more question - How much money is sufficient for a visitor Visa application?

And can FD (fixed deposit) be used as source of funds.
My mom has 10k CAD in Savings and another 15k CAD in FDs. Let me know