+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa or study permit for school admission

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
My son already has visitor visa which is valid till 2022.Will schools allowed to enroll him in Canada if I have valid study permit as an international student?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My son already has visitor visa which is valid till 2022.Will schools allowed to enroll him in Canada if I have valid study permit as an international student?
Are you studying? If you are studying yes your child will be admitted. Just having a study permit is not enough to register your child you should be starting your studies this semester. You must be studying in person to be admitted into Canada. Your child needs special permission to enter Canada even with a TRV due to travel restrictions.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
Are you studying? If you are studying yes your child will be admitted. Just having a study permit is not enough to register your child you should be starting your studies this semester. You must be studying in person to be admitted into Canada. Your child needs special permission to enter Canada even with a TRV due to travel restrictions.
OK that's good. But I have heard that on visitor visa one can stay maximum upto 6 months, will that condition be applied to my son as well?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
OK that's good. But I have heard that on visitor visa one can stay maximum upto 6 months, will that condition be applied to my son as well?
You can usually ask to have the expiry date match the length of your study permit. You seem to be more concerned about your son and not your studies. You will need to be actively studying in order for your son to be able to come to Canada. If you aren’t studying you will have issues extending the visa.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
You can usually ask to have the expiry date match the length of your study permit. You seem to be more concerned about your son and not your studies. You will need to be actively studying in order for your son to be able to come to Canada. If you aren’t studying you will have issues extending the visa.
Is that a crime in Canada to be a concerned parent for their kids studies? If I had received study permit that means VO convinced that I am a bonafide student. Then who are you to judge me that I am not serious about my studies. Better to avoid replies if you can't stick with queries being asked rather target anyone personally.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is that a crime in Canada to be a concerned parent for their kids studies? If I had received study permit that means VO convinced that I am a bonafide student. Then who are you to judge me that I am not serious about my studies. Better to avoid replies if you can't stick with queries being asked rather target anyone personally.
It is not enough to have a study permit you will need to be attending classes and need to be studying in class for you and your child to attend school in Canada. Your child will need special permission. Given that all your questions are about your child’s visa, your child’s ability to enter Canada (not you or your spouse) and the fact that your wife already came with your child on a study permit but did not complete her studies it seems like the focus is your child’s studies and not the parents studies.

singlarun

Jan 22, 2018
It is not enough to have a study permit you will need to be attending classes and need to be studying in class for you and your child to attend school in Canada. Your child will need special permission. Given that all your questions are about your child’s visa, your child’s ability to enter Canada (not you or your spouse) and the fact that your wife already came with your child on a study permit but did not complete her studies it seems like the focus is your child’s studies and not the parents studies.
Ok Mr. Judge. You seems to be an expert who can made perception about anyone after 2-3 small conversations, but I literally don't care. You shall continue with your expertise, best of luck. Will get my answer from any other platform.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Ok Mr. Judge. You seems to be an expert who can made perception about anyone after 2-3 small conversations, but I literally don't care. You shall continue with your expertise, best of luck. Will get my answer from any other platform.
I did give you the answer multiple times and corrected someone else’s post that you should be attending school for your child to be able to be able to study in Canada. Given you are studying online and have no need to enter Canada your child is unlikely to be granted special permission to enter Canada until you need to enter Canada as well.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Are you physically in Canada attending school with your study permit?

Do you plan to send your son alone on a flight to Canada or with another parent (your wife or husband, not sure of your gender)?
I am sure that CBSA will question them for essential travel reason. No visitor is allowed unless they are joining their family in Canada. (PR, Citizen, essencial worker, student who has to study physically at school)

If you are in Canada studying, then I think CBSA may allow him to cross the border.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Are you physically in Canada attending school with your study permit?

Do you plan to send your son alone on a flight to Canada or with another parent (your wife or husband, not sure of your gender)?
I am sure that CBSA will question them for essential travel reason. No visitor is
allowed unless they are joining their family in Canada. (PR, Citizen, essencial worker, student who has to study physically at school)

If you are in Canada studying, then I think CBSA may allow him to cross the border.
Families of study permit holders and internarional students need special permission to travel

Reactions: YVR123