+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa or Dependent Visa for wife.

achi

Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

I am working in Toronto on Work permit and getting married in APR 2013 and want to get my wife along with me to Toronto.

Shall i apply for a visitor visa or Dependent Visa and what are the timelines to get the visa for less than 6 months.

Reg,
Achi.

pearlyshell

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
achi said:
Hi,

I am working in Toronto on Work permit and getting married in APR 2013 and want to get my wife along with me to Toronto.

Shall i apply for a visitor visa or Dependent Visa and what are the timelines to get the visa for less than 6 months.

Reg,
Achi.
hi, you can apply your wife as spousal open work permit..what is your home country?..you can advise your wife to gather documents.

achi

Jul 27, 2011
Hi pearlyshell,

hi, you can apply your wife as spousal open work permit..what is your home country?..you can advise your wife to gather documents.

Her Home Country is India. I wanted to know if Spousal open work permit will take how much time as i am travelling back in 15 days after marriage.

If apply for visitor visa then it should come in 5 days, Please let me know if there are any chances of rejection of visitor visa and also whether we need to show strong ties to home country and all.

Regards,
Achi

pearlyshell

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
achi said:
Hi pearlyshell,

Her Home Country is India. I wanted to know if Spousal open work permit will take how much time as i am travelling back in 15 days after marriage.

If apply for visitor visa then it should come in 5 days, Please let me know if there are any chances of rejection of visitor visa and also whether we need to show strong ties to home country and all.

Regards,
Achi
Oh congratulations for your entering married life..by the way, you have to finish first your wedding and get your authenticated original marriage certificate because this is one of the documents wanted by canadian embassy..Also you have to gather some of your pictures since you and your becoming wife enter in a common-law relationship, also your exchanging love letters, your bank accoubt statement stating that you have a joint account..She can apply for spousal work permit but the documents as I mentionedtthat shows you have strong ties and you should also satisfy the visa officer..

If you wouldn't mind it, sometimes there is a chance of refusal because you are newly married but I am not saying that she is gonna be refused..Dont mind it, just be positive..I am showing you some instances..Hope it helps

achi

Jul 27, 2011
Thanks for the information and wishes.

I am planing to get the court marriage done first and register our marriage and take some pictures as evidence.

I am also planing to open one joint account and about the love letters i think we need to start exchanging in English :p as our mother tongue is Hindi.

Cheers,
Achi

pearlyshell

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
achi said:
Thanks for the information and wishes.

I am planing to get the court marriage done first and register our marriage and take some pictures as evidence.

I am also planing to open one joint account and about the love letters i think we need to start exchanging in English :p as our mother tongue is Hindi.

Cheers,
Achi
thats good..you can advise your wife to gather some documents required..are you already in canada?

Maling

Jan 11, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi (online)
NOC Code......
N/A (SOWP)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-12-2013
AOR Received.
26-12-2013
Med's Request
N/A
pearlyshell said:

Hi pearlyshell and achi, i have somehoe the same situation. But the difference is that, me and my wife are already married since 2005 and have 1 child. I will be working in Alberta and will be leaving them in the middle east. Im a bit worried for them thats why im thinking of what possible ways that i can get them and be with me. Is it possible to apply for dependent isa? At what time can we apply? By the way im in semi skilled category noc c. Thanks

pearlyshell

Feb 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Maling said:
Hi pearlyshell and achi, i have somehoe the same situation. But the difference is that, me and my wife are already married since 2005 and have 1 child. I will be working in Alberta and will be leaving them in the middle east. Im a bit worried for them thats why im thinking of what possible ways that i can get them and be with me. Is it possible to apply for dependent isa? At what time can we apply? By the way im in semi skilled category noc c. Thanks
hi..your job would be NOC 0, A & B because there is possibility you can apply dependent visa for them like your wife could apply spousal work permit and your child if studying could be study permit..You can apply for them a temporary resident visa if your job is included in NOC as I mentioned.