+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa online application problem

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hello everyone,
I have submitted online application for TRV for my mother on 6th May 2019. Immediately upon submission, I received "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" message which has Payment receipt number.
Thereafter, I have not received any message / update.
As I read on IRCC website, one receives Application number upon online submission. In my case, I have not received.
2nd thing is, normally it takes only 2 weeks to get a reply for an Indian who applies for TRV. In my case, its already more than 3 weeks.
Guys, do you think something went wrong with my online application? Please advise.

Thank you very much,
NRY

Pvic

May 14, 2019
Hello everyone,
I have submitted online application for TRV for my mother on 6th May 2019. Immediately upon submission, I received "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" message which has Payment receipt number.
Thereafter, I have not received any message / update.
As I read on IRCC website, one receives Application number upon online submission. In my case, I have not received.
2nd thing is, normally it takes only 2 weeks to get a reply for an Indian who applies for TRV. In my case, its already more than 3 weeks.
Guys, do you think something went wrong with my online application? Please advise.

Thank you very much,
NRY

Nothing is wrong, but due to large number of applications being processed even online applications will take time around one month. Have you given the biometrics? Which country/vfs have you applied from?

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Nothing is wrong, but due to large number of applications being processed even online applications will take time around one month. Have you given the biometrics? Which country/vfs have you applied from?
Hello Pvic,
As I said in my post, from India.
I received no message after application submission - not about biometrics too.
My question is, if nothing is wrong, why I have not received application submission confirmation with the application number which is automatic.
If you have applied recently, please let me know what are the messages you received immediately upon submission of the application.

Thank you very much,
NRY

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
There would be an applicant info. section when you login and click "Check full application status". Does that have anything?

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
There would be an applicant info. section when you login and click "Check full application status". Does that have anything?
Thank you for your replay @myra20sharma
No. There is no Full Application status. In fact, that is what I was expecting to see.. like review of eligibility, additional documents etc.
I don't see those details.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Thank you for your replay @myra20sharma
No. There is no Full Application status. In fact, that is what I was expecting to see.. like review of eligibility, additional documents etc.
I don't see those details.
Hmm strange! But I am little curious, where are you seeing this ""Confirmation of Online Application Transmission"' on the page?

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hmm strange! But I am little curious, where are you seeing this ""Confirmation of Online Application Transmission"' on the page?
Oh sorry!
I do have "Check full application status" button. When I click on that one, I see only one message i.e. "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission". But there are no other details that talk about various stages of the application process.
Moreover, I have not received the biometrics letter though 3 weeks passed by!
No application number too.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Oh sorry!
I do have "Check full application status" button. When I click on that one, I see only one message i.e. "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission". But there are no other details that talk about various stages of the application process.
Moreover, I have not received the biometrics letter though 3 weeks passed by!
No application number too.
And when you click on "Check full application status", there is no table above the message "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" saying(below)?

"Details about your application status"
Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

And also, did you pay the biometrics fees upfront?

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
And when you click on "Check full application status", there is no table above the message "Confirmation of Online Application Transmission" saying(below)?

"Details about your application status"
Review of eligibility
Review of medical results
Review of additional documents
Interview
Biometrics
Background check
Final decision

And also, did you pay the biometrics fees upfront?
Sorry of the delay in replying!
Yes, I paid biometric fee upfront.
But I dont see the details in the application status.
I see only one message i.e. confirmation of application transmission!

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
Sorry of the delay in replying!
Yes, I paid biometric fee upfront.
But I dont see the details in the application status.
I see only one message i.e. confirmation of application transmission!
Hmm raise a CSE using the IRCC webform if it's 3 weeks. If the bio fee is paid upfront, request comes within 24 hours.

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
Hmm raise a CSE using the IRCC webform if it's 3 weeks. If the bio fee is paid upfront, request comes within 24 hours.
I raised CSE 10 days back but no reply yet.
By the way,how do they send biometric letter - email or online account?
Thank you,

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
I raised CSE 10 days back but no reply yet.
By the way,how do they send biometric letter - email or online account?
Thank you,
CSE takes 7-30 days to get you an answer.

Biometrics letter comes in the online account, if you applied online! But you should also keep an eye on your email inbox and/or spam for any email, just in case.

NRY

Star Member
Dec 15, 2016
CSE takes 7-30 days to get you an answer.

Biometrics letter comes in the online account, if you applied online! But you should also keep an eye on your email inbox and/or spam for any email, just in case.
@myra20sharma when we go for biometrics, does VFS give a copy to us that we have to submit to Visa office OR VFS team will directly send the biometrics details to the Visa Office?

Thank you very much for all your help @myra20sharma

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
@myra20sharma when we go for biometrics, does VFS give a copy to us that we have to submit to Visa office OR VFS team will directly send the biometrics details to the Visa Office?

Thank you very much for all your help @myra20sharma
VFS sends it to IRCC.
They would give you a VFS tracking ID.
That you can use to track whether or not your bios have reached the IRCC.

However, the actual status can only be seen in the online account.

Last edited: