+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

VISITOR VISA OCTOBER 2023 APPLICANTS

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
How long was visit? Is $20k all their savings? Does he have his own funds? Car and daughters are not a tie. If he can show his own funds, then he may get approved but $20k for two people is not a lot.
The visit was for two weeks, no they showed a common funds which was in my mom's account. Should I reapply with all the money in dad's account?

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
All the documents from the first application plus any personal bank accounts not included the first time.
One more question: if I reapply and include the biometric number, will they consider the background check already completed, potentially expediting the process?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
One more question: if I reapply and include the biometric number, will they consider the background check already completed, potentially expediting the process?
No. Process starts from scratch. Background check includes verifying documents so if including new documentation then that will take time.

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
No. Process starts from scratch. Background check includes verifying documents so if including new documentation then that will take time.
Ok, Thanks. In the cover letter, should he mention that this is his second application. Additionally, when there's a section that asks whether the visa has been rejected in the past, he should provide an honest and accurate response, mentioning that his previous application was not approved.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Ok, Thanks. In the cover letter, should he mention that this is his second application. Additionally, when there's a section that asks whether the visa has been rejected in the past, he should provide an honest and accurate response, mentioning that his previous application was not approved.
He must declare the refusal.

m@ddy

Aug 24, 2023
In the section declaring the refusal provide the date and reason for refusal.
Okay, thank you, and I apologize for any inconvenience. I have one final question. The refusal came today. Should I reapply immediately, or is it better to wait for a few days before submitting a new application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Okay, thank you, and I apologize for any inconvenience. I have one final question. The refusal came today. Should I reapply immediately, or is it better to wait for a few days before submitting a new application?
You can apply immediately and make sure ties to return are very strong. Now that his spouse has TRV then there are no family ties to return.

Jasmineflower123

Star Member
Oct 24, 2023
Hi all…
applied on oct 7.
Eligibility completed oct 23
Background in process

i called Ircc automated phone system for an update.
I received the following message:

verify your application to extend your stay as a visitor

I didn’t verify this as I never applied for an extension and we haven’t received visa yet. The system didn’t provide me with any other information.

Would anyone have any info on this??

Reactions: amesh