+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa - Not yet received Passport collection request after given Biometric

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
Hi, I have applied visitor visa for my sister, she gave her Bio-metric at Chennai on Dec 31, 2021, same has been updated in the CIC Myaccount on the same day, however till date NO requests received for Passport submission from IRCC. Anyone on the same boat? Due to omicron, are they delaying visitor visa applications? I'm a PR. Please share your experience, should I wait until they ask for passport or what we can do?

august_leo

Star Member
Oct 8, 2021
Ottawa
Hi, I have applied visitor visa for my sister, she gave her Bio-metric at Chennai on Dec 31, 2021, same has been updated in the CIC Myaccount on the same day, however till date NO requests received for Passport submission from IRCC. Anyone on the same boat? Due to omicron, are they delaying visitor visa applications? I'm a PR. Please share your experience, should I wait until they ask for passport or what we can do?
Did you apply via GC key or the new IRCC portal? Regardless, processing is slow and if you read other threads here, many who applied in Oct and Nov don't yet have an update. You have to wait. FYI - My mom gave her biometrics on Dec 2nd and haven't received PPR

SatheshDyn

Jun 17, 2020
Did you apply via GC key or the new IRCC portal? Regardless, processing is slow and if you read other threads here, many who applied in Oct and Nov don't yet have an update. You have to wait. FYI - My mom gave her biometrics on Dec 2nd and haven't received PPR
I used GC Key, ok thanks for your info.