+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa missed biometrics time line

fusedpat

Star Member
Jul 13, 2016
Hello All,

I have applied for my mother's visitor visa on August 07th and received biometrics request on August 08th with the validity upto September 08th. Unfortunately I have checked the that on September 12 th.

So I have called VFS they said if the biometrics request says upto September 08 th only then they cannt take biometrics. I have raised the web form but i got very generic email to check the status online, nothing else. Trying to call CIC but could not able reach them through phone, it always says "unable to transfer the calls to agent try again later"

What is my next course of action? Please suggest

joGain

Apr 20, 2022
To connect to the IRCC helpline, you have to keep calling them and you will eventually get through, try during the morning.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello All,

I have applied for my mother's visitor visa on August 07th and received biometrics request on August 08th with the validity upto September 08th. Unfortunately I have checked the that on September 12 th.

So I have called VFS they said if the biometrics request says upto September 08 th only then they cannt take biometrics. I have raised the web form but i got very generic email to check the status online, nothing else. Trying to call CIC but could not able reach them through phone, it always says "unable to transfer the calls to agent try again later"

What is my next course of action? Please suggest
Take the earlier biometric appointment available. Send in a webform indicating that was the earliest application available to you so it will be lightly over the 30 days. Don’t wait for a response. There shouldn’t be an issue. It will take quite a long time to receive a response from IRCC so you need to move forward and get the biometrics done asap. There shouldn’t be an issue