+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa:Medical expired and requirement of written authorization

achumk89

Jan 5, 2022
Hello,
I am in Canada on closed work permit. My dependents(Wife and 3yr old son) has valid visitor visa till March 15th,2022. But their medical expired on 18th December, 2021.
1. Will they be allowed to travel and enter Canada? (They have new medical, but only hard copy of document from hospital, not linked to Visa )
2. Is there any probability of Visa status becoming invalid during this time, due to this?
3. Is written authorization needed for my Son(3yrs old) since he is unvaccinated??

Thanks.

lipika263

Oct 12, 2021
Hii , I am in same situation ,my medical expired on Jan, 2021 and have done remedical too. But it's not updated in my account. I have talked with IRCC 3 times they mentioned that I am eligible to travel with visitor visa and receipt of remedicals. I have prebooked ticket on 27, feb 2022. Please let me know if you have any other information regarding this situation.

lipika263

Oct 12, 2021
Hii , I am in same situation ,my medical expired on Jan, 2021 and have done remedical too. But it's not updated in my account. I have talked with IRCC 3 times they mentioned that I am eligible to travel with visitor visa and receipt of remedicals. I have prebooked ticket on 27, feb 2022. Please let me know if you have any other information regarding this situation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Spouses of people on WP should really be apply for OWP even if they don’t intend to work. They aren’t visitors so risk being denied entry every time they enter Canada.

Reactions: BA101

RAHULVAJPAYEE

Jul 27, 2018
Hi Lipika, were you allowed to travel? Please help. My flight is on August 22, 2022 and My re-medical is tomorrow. Do you think I will be able to travel? My VISA status is showing that document is valid.