+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

PratikV123

Nov 1, 2019
HI All,

We applied for my wife's visitor visa in May -2022 and its crossed the avg processing time of 134 days and we havent heard back.
This is putting a real strain on our relationship.
VO - New Delhi.
We have tried raising webforms and contacting the MP but havent had anything positive thus far.(We heard back that criminality has passed and eligibility has passed but no ETA)
Anyone in a similar boat, is there anything else we can do? Should we reapply?

p.s. We have also applied for spousal sponsorship and mentioned it in the visitor Visa application. We recently got Aor and Medicals on that. We have submitted both via webform.
I have the same situation.

abab2022

Aug 18, 2022
My wife's VV from India Submitted May 23,

Refused - June 9 ,

Request for reconsideration - June 16 (Using IRCC webform)

Passport request - Oct 14 ,

Its a wonder that they considered the reconsideration request and changed the final decision.
Can you please share what was the reason for rejection and what explanation was given for reconsideration.

Reactions: ash5

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
Can you please share what was the reason for rejection and what explanation was given for reconsideration.
Refusal reasons were - Family ties in home country , Purpose of visit
Explanation about immediate family in india with some pictures, id cards . a paragraph about the purpose of visit

ash5

Oct 14, 2022
my parents visa got rejected on 6th October 2022 explaining the same reasons.Have you submitted the new documents will new letter of explanation?

prakhyyy

Star Member
Feb 25, 2022
Toronto
Category........
Other
my parents visa got rejected on 6th October 2022 explaining the same reasons.Have you submitted the new documents will new letter of explanation?
No new documents, one letter requesting re consideration. Explaining and listing family members, purpose of visit explanation in points addressing rejection reasons. That’s it . 2 pages pdf .

ash5

Oct 14, 2022
What were the reasons? How long of visit? Their profile? Your status?
no sufficient ties. Don’t look like you will leave the country. I have applied in 2020, biometric done onAugust 2021 old portal. After long wait I have applied on new portal in August2022. Raised web form in last week of sept. Got rejectedon 6th Oct 2022
Parents are retired.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
no sufficient ties. Don’t look like you will leave the country. I have applied in 2020, biometric done onAugust 2021 old portal. After long wait I have applied on new portal in August2022. Raised web form in last week of sept. Got rejectedon 6th Oct 2022
Parents are retired.
Order GCMS notes to see reasons. They need to show reasons to return (eg. jobs, business, investment properties, pensions)

Reactions: ash5

Cherukei

Apr 16, 2021
HI All,

We applied for my wife's visitor visa in May -2022 and its crossed the avg processing time of 134 days and we havent heard back.
This is putting a real strain on our relationship.
VO - New Delhi.
We have tried raising webforms and contacting the MP but havent had anything positive thus far.(We heard back that criminality has passed and eligibility has passed but no ETA)
Anyone in a similar boat, is there anything else we can do? Should we reapply?

p.s. We have also applied for spousal sponsorship and mentioned it in the visitor Visa application. We recently got Aor and Medicals on that. We have submitted both via webform.
I am in the same boat, applied for my hubby since May 3rd nothing till now...

cheezy857

Oct 15, 2022
Hello! I am new here and I have been reading most of your cases.. I was wondering if any of you guys finally receive your visitor visa?

I am also same boat like you guys. Applying for visitor visa from Paris. Submitted online application on 9th May, had my biometrics on 1st June, and on the same day my application got updated which are "reviewing eligibility" and "background check". Ever since then, I have no news and still waiting for any confirmation to send my passport to the embassy. In total I have waited slightly more than 4 months now.. I filled out the web form enquiring my application 2x (first time in beginning of August, second time in the beginning of Sept) they gave me 2 different answers.

First web form answer was that: "the application is currently in process and is within the processing times commitments".
Second web form answer was saying that: "the processing times found online are an estimate only, and are not guarantee. In addition, "Every application is handled on a case-by-case basis, and there's no one simple explanation for how long each one will take to process"

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Calendar days. But always add an extra month to the times you see.
Are you sure ? Sat / Sun and Public holidays of the High commission is not counted I guess since no work happens. It should be working days, if I am not wrong but unless I have overlooked this somewhere.

I also would like to know from those who got their PPR message/mail as to what time did they get the same, towards evening/late evening or it can come anytime of day/night ?

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Are you sure ? Sat / Sun and Public holidays of the High commission is not counted I guess since no work happens. It should be working days, if I am not wrong but unless I have overlooked this somewhere.

I also would like to know from those who got their PPR message/mail as to what time did they get the same, towards evening/late evening or it can come anytime of day/night ?
Details others who have received can provide regarding time, but they have sent out decisions on Saturdays and Sundays as well. Now this can be a system generated bulk batch job runs to automate final communication but since COVID, IRCC has had luxury of working from anywhere they feel safe at their own choice. Many have worked weekends as part of their freedom.

Reactions: vijayar