Visitor visa may 2022

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Yes, both started. Please share your timeline respectively. Regards
ok! Here is the timeline:

Application submitted: May 27, 2022
Biometrics completed: June 1, 2022

There were no updates after that. I sent a web form on Aug 10th and I got a response from them on Sep 7th as below:

=============================================================================================
Visitor visa (or Temporary Resident Visa) processing capacity has been reduced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with resources diverted to priority lines of business, such as study and work permits.

IRCC is working to deliver quality client service across its global network by making our programs and services more efficient, clear and consistent.

Despite our considerable efforts, we know that some applicants have experienced significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we continue to work as hard as possible to reduce processing times. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this moment.

We appreciate your patience and we will contact you with the next step in due time.
=================================================================================================

faisalmughal

Nov 5, 2015
ok! Here is the timeline:

Application submitted: May 27, 2022
Biometrics completed: June 1, 2022

There were no updates after that. I sent a web form on Aug 10th and I got a response from them on Sep 7th as below:

=============================================================================================
Visitor visa (or Temporary Resident Visa) processing capacity has been reduced as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, with resources diverted to priority lines of business, such as study and work permits.

IRCC is working to deliver quality client service across its global network by making our programs and services more efficient, clear and consistent.

Despite our considerable efforts, we know that some applicants have experienced significant wait times with the processing of their applications, and we continue to work as hard as possible to reduce processing times. We thank you for your patience and understanding at this moment.

We appreciate your patience and we will contact you with the next step in due time.
=================================================================================================
Well, this seems to be generic/auto reply. Regards

Rainbow777

Star Member
Aug 24, 2022
Sorry! DO you mean to ask when the application status was modified to progress?

If so, then it was on June 1st or 2nd for our application; a couple of days after the biometrics was submitted.
Hi, no I mean at the end of the page of the application, sometimes a date is shown and it mentions date modified with the respective date written. So is that an IT update or what does it mean?

newimmigrantionc

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
Hi, no I mean at the end of the page of the application, sometimes a date is shown and it mentions date modified with the respective date written. So is that an IT update or what does it mean?
I am guessing that date has nothing to do with our application; maybe it has to do something with the web browsers or so. Because mine has a date updated to 22nd Sep and I am pretty sure there were no changes to the application.

dream_on_7

Star Member
Sep 1, 2018
HI All,

We applied for my wife's visitor visa in May -2022 and its crossed the avg processing time of 134 days and we havent heard back.
This is putting a real strain on our relationship.
VO - New Delhi.
We have tried raising webforms and contacting the MP but havent had anything positive thus far.(We heard back that criminality has passed and eligibility has passed but no ETA)
Anyone in a similar boat, is there anything else we can do? Should we reapply?

p.s. We have also applied for spousal sponsorship and mentioned it in the visitor Visa application. We recently got Aor and Medicals on that. We have submitted both via webform.