+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa may 2022

SanVisa

Mar 31, 2017
Can someone please help me here.
Due to an emergency I had to travel to india in March 2021 when I was 7 months pregnant. Due to Covid flight ban I couldn’t travel back and had to deliver my baby in india. Me and my husband are both PR and we have house and business in Canada. Due to some in-laws issue I was not able to apply for visa for my daughter immediately. I applied for visit visa in May 2022 since it will be faster than PR sponsor. I applied via old portal (gc key) since I didn’t know about the new portal. No updates since then. I’m desperate to travel back since my husband is struggling with the business and I have zero support here. Processing time shows 160 days.
What do you guys suggest? Apply new application via new portal or wait ?
contacted local MP in Canada to expedite but not sure how much that will be considered by IRCC. Kindly let me know your suggestions

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Can someone please help me here.
Due to an emergency I had to travel to india in March 2021 when I was 7 months pregnant. Due to Covid flight ban I couldn’t travel back and had to deliver my baby in india. Me and my husband are both PR and we have house and business in Canada. Due to some in-laws issue I was not able to apply for visa for my daughter immediately. I applied for visit visa in May 2022 since it will be faster than PR sponsor. I applied via old portal (gc key) since I didn’t know about the new portal. No updates since then. I’m desperate to travel back since my husband is struggling with the business and I have zero support here. Processing time shows 160 days.
What do you guys suggest? Apply new application via new portal or wait ?
contacted local MP in Canada to expedite but not sure how much that will be considered by IRCC. Kindly let me know your suggestions
4-6 months wait is minimum. Unless otherwise there’s travel history to EU, US, Aus/NZ, or active or past Canadian Visa or US visa, it’s just a waiting game of upto 200 days at times.

parthd2511

Aug 8, 2022
Hi

I would like to apply TRV to see my sister in Canada. Shes on PR living with one kid and husband. They have not been here since almost 3.5 years now. I am married since over a year now and living with family (parents and wife). Currently employed full time in UK BPO since 3 years now. Wife is also employed full time. I would like to visit for 15 days to see nephew and sister as never seen nephew since he was born. How much balance do i need to show in India and how much in Canada? Is there chance that I would get visa approved?

TIA

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
Hi

I would like to apply TRV to see my sister in Canada. Shes on PR living with one kid and husband. They have not been here since almost 3.5 years now. I am married since over a year now and living with family (parents and wife). Currently employed full time in UK BPO since 3 years now. Wife is also employed full time. I would like to visit for 15 days to see nephew and sister as never seen nephew since he was born. How much balance do i need to show in India and how much in Canada? Is there chance that I would get visa approved?

TIA
Approximately $1500 Canadian per person for each month staying. So - showing approximately $10,000 is good. That’ll be $3000 (for both of you husband and wife for a month) plus you need to show you have funds to buy your tickets and can support yourselves regardless of having any family in Canada.

sheikhab

Aug 27, 2022
HI, I have applied UK tourist visa 1st and then applied Canada TVR for tourism. I didn't mentioned about UK visa application while TRV application submission because UK application status was pending that time and still in progress till date and waiting for result.

Below mentioned question was available in the form IMM5257.
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or order to remove Canada or any other country or territory?

Ongoing application for other country question was not available in form IMM5257 so I didn't mention anything.

Is it mandatory to inform IRCC about my UK visa application which is still pending?

Timelines:

UK Application 1st Aug 2022

TRV Applied on 6 Aug 2022 (GCKEY)
Biometric done on 8 Aug
Eligibility Review Started on 10 Aug
Now waiting for result
(Valid B1/B2 Visa, visited last year)

kumarh2020

Sep 15, 2020
HI, I have applied UK tourist visa 1st and then applied Canada TVR for tourism. I didn't mentioned about UK visa application while TRV application submission because UK application status was pending that time and still in progress till date and waiting for result.

Below mentioned question was available in the form IMM5257.
Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or order to remove Canada or any other country or territory?

Ongoing application for other country question was not available in form IMM5257 so I didn't mention anything.

Is it mandatory to inform IRCC about my UK visa application which is still pending?

Timelines:

UK Application 1st Aug 2022

TRV Applied on 6 Aug 2022 (GCKEY)
Biometric done on 8 Aug
Eligibility Review Started on 10 Aug
Now waiting for result
(Valid B1/B2 Visa, visited last year)
Yes