+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

[Visitor Visa] Long waiting time for an online application?

ababoum

Mar 20, 2017
Hi there,

I started a new topic since I couln't find what I was looking for in the previous posts.

I submitted an online application for a visitor visa on CIC on the 6th of Feb. and I still did get an answer. The "estimated processing time" given on the immigration website is 13 days for applicants from France, and it's been almost 41 days now!

Do you think the situation is normal? If not, do you have any suggestions to improve my case?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
ababoum said:
Do you think the situation is normal?
Processing time is an estimate, not a commitment. Yes, this is normal.

ababoum said:
If not, do you have any suggestions to improve my case?
You cannot do anything but wait.

Good luck

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
ababoum said:
Hi there,

I started a new topic since I couln't find what I was looking for in the previous posts.

I submitted an online application for a visitor visa on CIC on the 6th of Feb. and I still did get an answer. The "estimated processing time" given on the immigration website is 13 days for applicants from France, and it's been almost 41 days now!

Do you think the situation is normal? If not, do you have any suggestions to improve my case?

Thanks a lot for your help!
Another case of an online application treated differently, one too many to to not see a pattern. Such a shame, but it is what it is.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
twuser said:
Another case of an online application treated differently, one too many to to not see a pattern. Such a shame, but it is what it is.
Estimated times are just what 80% of all applications take to be processed. That means that 1 out of each 5 applications takes longer than what is posted online. It is expected that this scenario will happen quite frequently.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Jalex23 said:
Estimated times are just what 80% of all applications take to be processed. That means that 1 out of each 5 applications takes longer than what is posted online. It is expected that this scenario will happen quite frequently.
I don't think the timelinew are correct for online applications. How do country specific timelinee apply for online applications when they are router to a central pool? your application can end up with any country's office.

I think CIC needs to get its online application processing in place first.

ababoum

Mar 20, 2017
Thanks all for your replies!

I guess I can only continue waiting :(

My trip was planned for the end of April, it's really a chance that I started the application early.
But I'm starting to wonder if it wouldn't just be simpler to cancel the application now (do you think they refund the visa fees haha..)

Thanks again :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
twuser said:
I don't think the timelinew are correct for online applications. How do country specific timelinee apply for online applications when they are router to a central pool? your application can end up with any country's office.

I would believe more often than not, online applications are still sent to the applicant's country of residence rather than an unrelated visa office.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
bellaluna said:
I would believe more often than not, online applications are still sent to the applicant's country of residence rather than an unrelated visa office.
I hope so too, at least the timelines are going to be a little realistic as opposed to an application ending up with a random office.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
twuser said:

The timelines are quite correct. Remember it is 80% of the times, so 1 out of 5 will take longer.

There is no such thing as a "central pool". If the VPC has a very big workload (or specific information is needed) then the option of transferring the application is always possible. This results in better processing times for the transferred applications as they will get priority processing when out of their area.

bellaluna said:
Yes. It is not common that applications get transfered to other VPCs. It basically happens during high season.

twuser

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
Jalex23 said:
The timelines are quite correct. Remember it is 80% of the times, so 1 out of 5 will take longer.

There is no such thing as a "central pool". If the VPC has a very big workload (or specific information is needed) then the option of transferring the application is always possible. This results in better processing times for the transferred applications as they will get priority processing when out of their area.

Yes. It is not common that applications get transfered to other VPCs. It basically happens during high season.
CIC correspondence was not quite along the same lines. It was worded as if the applications can end up anywhere.

Nothing much one can do but to wait. When I applied the processing time was 56 days, since gone up to 74 days now, so essentially I am back to where I was.

Addiee

Oct 16, 2018
Any body tell me the actual time line of visit visa because now its 35 working days completed but tgey didnt reply ...and also tell me if application with refusel then how much time it will take and they replied