+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa is taking longer than country processing time!

nepal123

Apr 14, 2012
Jalex 123,

See, the cic website says processing time says 7 days how can i assume they can hold my passport for 2 months. I have to travel other countries in 2 months period too. I had applied canada visa after checking processing time 7 days otherwise I wouldnot. They have not even contacted me yet if any documents or anything missing. they just dont care.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
nepal123 said:
I had applied Canada TRV on 3rd June and it was submitted to canada visa office on 5th June. My prospected travel to canada was on 21st June, which I have already missed. I am again missing my another important meeting in London next week. They have kept my passport for good 30 days already , still the status says" is being processed". I gave business to the worst and most unprofessional visa processing authority of the world. Now, I wish I had given that 100 dollar processing fee to a begger on the street. He would be happy rather than giving to these so called embassy staffs to hold my passport.
Hi,

Processing times stated on the CIC website are the average time taken to process approx. 80 percent of the cases.... processing times are not *must process all visa applications within this time frame*

Here's what you can do:
1. Send a Case Specific Enquiry as the processing time has exceeded the timelines posted on the CIC website

2. If you need your passport to travel when your visa application is being processed, get in touch with the visa office and they will let you know what to do

3. CIC officials have jobs to do, stringent procedures to follow.... sometimes the wait can get frustrating for some applicants.... however, posting disparaging remarks about CIC will not result in an expedited decision on your visa application

Hope you get your TRV soon :)

nepal123

Apr 14, 2012
Thanks Briyana,

Your remarks are logical. But we really get busted, when the processing time passes by 3 times and dont hear from them. I will send them case specific enquiry, thank you very much.

Ridwaan Ruhomaun

Star Member
Apr 28, 2020
Hello Everyone,

Not sure if anyone recently applied for Visa inside Canada. But it has been almost a month I have heard nothing from them.
I am travelling next month and I am very concerned whether if I would receive my visa by the time I am travelling.

What should be my next step: 1) wait for them to contact me via cic account. 2) call the immigration office (not sure if that would help). 3) Send a letter to Ministry of Immigration.

Thanks
Ridwaan