+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa is taking longer than country processing time!

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
Friends,

I need your help!

My visitor visa is taking longer than processing time and I have already booked my flights.

Also, I have generated a case specific email with cic, its been like more than 48 hours, no response.

Shall I visit the canadian embassy??? The embassy is not in my country but in other country.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The posted processing times aren't guaranteed. It's not at all unusual for processing to take longer.

It can take the visa office a few days to respond to a case specific email (not including weekends). If you sent your case specific email over the weekend, it's too early to expect a reply.

There is most likely no point going to the embassy in person. In many cases you won't even be allowed to enter the building without having an appointment.

There's really nothing you can do but wait. In the future I would hold off booking flights until you have an approved visa.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
Thanks scylla

I have my flights on 8th of july so, still have a week.

I dont know what to do now beside praying:-/

Jeff243

Jun 20, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2017
Scylla, you say that we do not need to book flights, but when you show up to drop off your application they are requesting for a flight to be booked so that you can show your intention of returning to your home country.

ann011, you should not take into account the country s processing time, in most of the cases I have seen it is not respected as indicated on the website. Files are treated on individual basis

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
Jeff243 said:
Scylla, you say that we do not need to book flights, but when you show up to drop off your application they are requesting for a flight to be booked so that you can show your intention of returning to your home country.

ann011, you should not take into account the country s processing time, in most of the cases I have seen it is not respected as indicated on the website. Files are treated on individual basis
Jeff243 ,
Now my concern is shall I visit embassy?? as people say they treat us as we dont exist and dont even let us enter the building.. i need to book a flight to visit embassy so need enough time to plan everything. My flight to canada is on 8th of july.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
ann011 said:
Jeff243 ,
Now my concern is shall I visit embassy?? as people say they treat us as we dont exist and dont even let us enter the building.. i need to book a flight to visit embassy so need enough time to plan everything. My flight to canada is on 8th of july.
Again, there is a good chance they won't even let you enter the embassy. This is true of embassies all over the world - they have strict security measures.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
Dear Friends,

What is the possible way to contact CIC??? I have submitted my application at warsaw office, I have a flight booked for 8th of july. On website I see CIC call centre, Do they reply us??

ryliemd

Jul 4, 2015
I have a similar problem. I am bound for canada on july 24. I have an important conference to attend to on july 25. I have my flight booked but I could not confirm because I still have no VISA. I received email that my CIC account has been updated, twice but when I opened my account, there are no new messages. Where do I inquire regarding the status of my visa. Urgent help needed!

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
We seriously cant do much about it. I am going to call them on monday and if there will be no response then I have to cancel my tickets on the same day as my flight is on wednesday... wish if i would have booked refundable flights...

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
Nousherwan said:
Hi
Dear they dnt ask for flight booking you just need to shoe them reservation
You know what, we must show it as thats one proof we are leaving canada on desired date...

MissA>>> I know I didnt expect this but as games are about to start there may be thats why they are super busy.. I am upset as now I am gona lose my ticket money.. :(

nepal123

Apr 14, 2012
I had applied Canada TRV on 3rd June and it was submitted to canada visa office on 5th June. My prospected travel to canada was on 21st June, which I have already missed. I am again missing my another important meeting in London next week. They have kept my passport for good 30 days already , still the status says" is being processed". I gave business to the worst and most unprofessional visa processing authority of the world. Now, I wish I had given that 100 dollar processing fee to a begger on the street. He would be happy rather than giving to these so called embassy staffs to hold my passport.

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
nepal123 said:
I had applied Canada TRV on 3rd June and it was submitted to canada visa office on 5th June. My prospected travel to canada was on 21st June, which I have already missed. I am again missing my another important meeting in London next week. They have kept my passport for good 30 days already , still the status says" is being processed". I gave business to the worst and most unprofessional visa processing authority of the world. Now, I wish I had given that 100 dollar processing fee to a begger on the street. He would be happy rather than giving to these so called embassy staffs to hold my passport.
Please don't try to blame CIC for not adequate planning. CIC is rather clear that delays should be expected and you should plan accordingly. You should have applied AT LEAST with two months from your departure date.

ann011

Aug 20, 2014
The purpose of this thread is to discuss what kind of problem applicants are facing while dealing with CIC and if they could get any info/help from anyone here... atleast im here for this reason