+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa -- inviter's documents

csviswam

Apr 28, 2012
I and my wife are being invited by a brother-in-law to spend a week with them in Canada. He wrote an invitation letter with the family members' citizenship cards copies. In the letter he has described their occupations. I feel delicate to ask them for income documentation, but we have a good financial background, and good ties to India and have frequently travelled abroad including US and Europe. Will it be OK to apply without the hosts' financial papers to qualify for a temporary visitors visa for a week? If there are any experienced applicants successful or unsuccessful purely on this count, please respond.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I can certainly understand how you feel about asking people to supply their financial documents. The most important thing to prove to the VO is that YOU have strong ties to your home country. Include documents from your boss attesting to your vacation time, property documents, anything you can think of - relationships to family, etc. Good luck and enjoy your holiday in Canada....All the best.