+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa Information Required

Jan 10, 2021
Hi All,

I reside in Canada (PR holder) and my brother in USA. My mother has USA visa and she keeps travelling there once a year. My long term plan is to get my mother PR or super visa, but for new we are planning for 6 months USA and 6 months Canada visit for her.

I have applied for visitor visa of my mother on June 15 (July 23rd Biometric done), 2021 and since then there has been no movement in her visa. During the submission of document, we have already provided her both dose of vaccination details as part of Letter of Explanation. Still I dont see any movement

I need a suggestion, regarding best scenarios as mentioned below, since she has gone to USA for 6 months recently,
1. shall I withdraw the visitor application filed from India and submit a new one with details of her visit in USA - She does not have any address proof for USA, but my brother (her son) has these documents
2. Shall I keep my current visitor visa applications filed in India as is and wait for the outcome?
3. Withdraw current visitor visa applications filed in India and resubmit it

Request your advise.

Regards,
Rohit

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
I think the application processing delayed because she has gone to the US recently, and filed the application from India. Remember, IRCC has access to US Entry/Exit records.
1. Yes you can. Visitor Visa can be applied from anywhere. She won't need address proof.
2. Better to wait until this month, if the application is approved she can send the passport from US itself (in case she is in the US at the time of approval)
3. This should be the best option in my opinion.

Jan 10, 2021
I think the application processing delayed because she has gone to the US recently, and filed the application from India. Remember, IRCC has access to US Entry/Exit records.
1. Yes you can. Visitor Visa can be applied from anywhere. She won't need address proof.
2. Better to wait until this month, if the application is approved she can send the passport from US itself (in case she is in the US at the time of approval)
3. This should be the best option in my opinion.
Thank you and totally agree with your suggestion. I will wait for this month else will withdraw. My mother went to USA this week only other wise she was in India only and its been 6 months and they have not yet started looking into the application.

One more thing, she is not earning and is dependent on her sons so she does not have any investments as well. Me and my wife are doing good in terms of jobs. Is it ok If I can show mine and wife's all the investments in Canadian bank account to confirm on how we can support her when she will be in Canada and explain this scenario to case officer in letter of explanation?

raynadukkandy

Apr 12, 2019
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-01-2023
AOR Received.
19-01-2023
IELTS Request
02-12-2022
Med's Done....
01-03-2019
Thank you and totally agree with your suggestion. I will wait for this month else will withdraw. My mother went to USA this week only other wise she was in India only and its been 6 months and they have not yet started looking into the application.

One more thing, she is not earning and is dependent on her sons so she does not have any investments as well. Me and my wife are doing good in terms of jobs. Is it ok If I can show mine and wife's all the investments in Canadian bank account to confirm on how we can support her when she will be in Canada and explain this scenario to case officer in letter of explanation?
Yes it's completely fine to show your proof of finance, include a letter of support stating that you and your wife would cover her expenses and show your bank statements/pay stubs

Jan 10, 2021
Yes it's completely fine to show your proof of finance, include a letter of support stating that you and your wife would cover her expenses and show your bank statements/pay stubs
Thank you so much Rayna for your help. Really appreciate it. I will be reapplying the visitor visa application by end of this month.