+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa in single "Group" application

apivan

Dec 22, 2021
Hello Everyone,

I have couple of question about TRV.
1. Can I submit application for myself, my wife and son(older than 18 years) in the same group application?
2. Do I need to submit Use of a Representative Form (IMM 5476) form for my Wife and Son if the application is in same group

Could someone please help?

Thanks in advance.

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Hello Everyone,

I have couple of question about TRV.
1. Can I submit application for myself, my wife and son(older than 18 years) in the same group application?
2. Do I need to submit Use of a Representative Form (IMM 5476) form for my Wife and Son if the application is in same group

Could someone please help?

Thanks in advance.
Apply through new portal. Submit application as a group.
No need for use of representative as everyone is older enough to fill their own forms.

Reactions: VisaInitiated

apivan

Dec 22, 2021
No need for use of representative as everyone is older enough to fill their own forms.
Thanks @Sohaib04

Sorry for repeating myself, I just want to confirm if all 3 of us can submit application as "Family" in same group.? The reason I am asking is because as per IRCC children above 18 are not considered as Family.

From IRCC Glossary:
Family members: An applicant’s closest relatives, in the context of an application to IRCC. It is defined as a spouse or common-law partner, dependent children, and their dependent children.

Thanks again!

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Answer to your question is Yes you can apply under 1 family group. Unmarried children. Under 22 years of age are considered as dependent

VisaInitiated

Jul 28, 2021
Can please also answer what should one do if child is 3 years old ? Then do we need to make one of the parent as representative ? And contact details should be for parent in child’s application in a group ?

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
Can please also answer what should one do if child is 3 years old ? Then do we need to make one of the parent as representative ? And contact details should be for parent in child’s application in a group ?
Yes, you can make principal applicant as representative and put in details. Print representative form fill all relevant columns And in column 10 u can write applicant (child) name and date instead of signature. Than scan it and submit.

Reactions: VisaInitiated

VisaInitiated

Jul 28, 2021
Yes, you can make principal applicant as representative and put in details. Print representative form fill all relevant columns And in column 10 u can write applicant (child) name and date instead of signature. Than scan it and submit.
thank you so greatful. So, representative information only for child but not for the wife as she is filling application by herself.

One more doubt if you can please clarify - where to mention who is the principle representative in a group ? Did not come across any option when I filled info for me and my wife.

Reactions: skap27

apivan

Dec 22, 2021
Answer to your question is Yes you can apply under 1 family group. Unmarried children. Under 22 years of age are considered as dependent
What about unmarried children older than 22 years? Say 25 years old and unmarried. Can they be included in same group application?

Sohaib04

Star Member
Aug 20, 2019
thank you so greatful. So, representative information only for child but not for the wife as she is filling application by herself.

One more doubt if you can please clarify - where to mention who is the principle representative in a group ? Did not come across any option when I filled info for me and my wife.
If you have started application as a group. This question will come at some point. Don’t worry continue working on forms before submitting application it will ask u.

ArinolaZay

Jan 5, 2023
Good evening,
My name is Zainab and I intend to apply for a visit visa for a conference in May.

My application documents will be ready in February and will be submitted my application early March.

Concerning the time bound, would it be a good time to submit and getting my application approved?
I would appreciate your response on this matter. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good evening,
My name is Zainab and I intend to apply for a visit visa for a conference in May.

My application documents will be ready in February and will be submitted my application early March.

Concerning the time bound, would it be a good time to submit and getting my application approved?
I would appreciate your response on this matter. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Check processing times because depending where you are from you may not get a response by May. March is too late. Assume you are a presenter at the conference so include that, funds to support your visit, travel history, ties to home country and why you must attend the conference.

ArinolaZay

Jan 5, 2023
I will be presenting at the conference and I'm applying from Poland. Also, the conference will be providing documents confirming my accommodation.

Does this look promising in any way?

Check processing times because depending where you are from you may not get a response by May. March is too late. Assume you are a presenter at the conference so include that, funds to support your visit, travel history, ties to home country and why you must attend the conference.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I will be presenting at the conference and I'm applying from Poland. Also, the conference will be providing documents confirming my accommodation.

Does this look promising in any way?
Processing from Poland is 5-6 months so you need to apply ASAP as you may not get a response in time. Cannot tell you your chances as depend on your travel history, funds, ties to home country etc.