+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa - in processing since 2 years

poutineop

Jan 26, 2022
I am wondering if anyone is in the same situation. My spouse and I are both PRs for 4 years.

Applied for parent's visitor visa in March 2020 and it has been in processing since. Biometrics were done in September 2021 at VFS and no further updates since then. The application status says - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

I'm seeing on this forum a lot of later applications are getting approved. I am written to IRCC via their online form twice in the last 6 months. Is there anything else I can do to expedite this?

Last edited:

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am wondering if anyone is in the same situation. My spouse and I are both PRs for 4 years.

Applied for parent's visitor visa in March 2020 and it has been in processing since. Biometrics were done in September 2021 at VFS and no further updates since then.

I'm seeing on this forum a lot of later applications are getting approved. I am written to IRCC via their online form twice in the last 6 months. Is there anything else I can do to expedite this?
Your parents should reapply through the new portal as immediate family members. IRCC made changes in September so webforms will not work. There is no way to expedite.

Ricky5206

Aug 16, 2016

Applied for parent's visitor visa in March 2020 and it has been in processing since. Biometrics were done in September 2021 at VFS and no further updates since then. The application status says - We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

I am in the same boat as you, rather I also applied once more on the new portal in early December and even those applications are still pending.
But anyways - ya, do apply on the new portal.

And yes, fees has to be paid again....though CIC says you can apply for refund on the old applications but you will be paid back in your next lifetime (lol)

shlokthosar

Dec 20, 2021
I am in the same boat as you, rather I also applied once more on the new portal in early December and even those applications are still pending.
But anyways - ya, do apply on the new portal.

And yes, fees has to be paid again....though CIC says you can apply for refund on the old applications but you will be paid back in your next lifetime (lol)
I have one question on this. We have applied visitor visa in September 2020. We have finished our biometrics in July 2021. We haven't received any update yet. Our case does not fall in any "emergency situation", but we are just planning to visit Canada. We have already postponed our plans twice and the next plan in in June 2022.. Can some one please let me know if we are not falling under any emergency travellers to canada, do we need to apply through new IRCC portal or GC Key only? Because IRCC portal is for all those who want to travel on emergency basis. Isn't it? please confirm.

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
waiting for decision since april 7 2020 ... all you can do is hope your file picks up on queue earlier...have you sent webforms to show they qualify for exemptions