+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa in March Timeline from India

SanVisa

Mar 31, 2017
Hi everyone. I got the passport request today.

Application submitted: 9th March
Eligibility review began: App 3 weeks ago
BVL and passport request: 25th August, 2022
Hi,
Have you got your passport back? How long does IRCC take for passport stamping? Can you please share your timeline from sending the passport and how long it took to get it back?

Reactions: 2cookies

SanVisa

Mar 31, 2017
Hello
i received a passport submission request today. We had submitted our visitor visa application at VFS Mumbai, India.
Can anyone share how long before you receive the passport back after submission by the Canadian Mumbai Consulate/VFS ?
How long did it take to get the passport back?

PratikV123

Nov 1, 2019
Hi, does anyone has idea how long does it take for review of eligibility to complete; spousal application?

My timeline:
5th May application submission
13th May Biometric done
5th Sept Review started

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, does anyone has idea how long does it take for review of eligibility to complete; spousal application?

My timeline:
13th May Biometric done
5th Sept Review started
Have you started sponsoring your spouse if you are a PR? Tough to say what will happen with the TRav but in general it is tough for spouses of Canadian PRs and citizens to get TRVs because it is assumed they will remain in Canada. If you applied while on a WP or SP you should really be applying for an SOWP not TRV. It would be really unfortunate if you weren’t approved and hadn’t started the other applications yet.

PratikV123

Nov 1, 2019
Have you started sponsoring your spouse if you are a PR? Tough to say what will happen with the TRav but in general it is tough for spouses of Canadian PRs and citizens to get TRVs because it is assumed they will remain in Canada. If you applied while on a WP or SP you should really be applying for an SOWP not TRV. It would be really unfortunate if you weren’t approved and hadn’t started the other applications yet.
I have also applied for Spousal sponsorship; applied in June. No updates yet.

Last edited:

abhijithana

Apr 29, 2022

My timeline:
13th May Biometric done
5th Sept Review started
The review durations are extremely random.'
Ive observed it on this group. People saying their review started in the evening and they got BVL andd PPR within 5 minutes or later by midnight.
On the other hand, I've seen people waiting for it for a looong time. Take me for instance. My review started on 2nd of August. And it's still in progress even after 7 weeks.
Good luck! And try to be patient about it!

PratikV123

Nov 1, 2019
The review durations are extremely random.'
Ive observed it on this group. People saying their review started in the evening and they got BVL andd PPR within 5 minutes or later by midnight.
On the other hand, I've seen people waiting for it for a looong time. Take me for instance. My review started on 2nd of August. And it's still in progress even after 7 weeks.
Good luck! And try to be patient about it!
What is your timeline? When did you apply?

faisalmughal

Nov 5, 2015

My timeline:
13th May Biometric done
5th Sept Review started
As understood after analysing the moderate data on this forum, sometimes background & review of eligibility starts almost together, in this case it will take 3 to 4 months approximately as per current processing trends. However, sometimes review of eligibility starts after 2 or 3 months of background processing then it should be around few weeks, may be 2 to 4 weeks. This is based on my understanding which may be wrong. Regards

Purushotham

Jul 5, 2021
Status as of Aug 31, 2022: In progress (No communication)
Current processing time: 148 days
Webform raise requesting an update
Webform response: "Due to high volumes some applications are currently taking longer to process. In this case, we are grateful for your patience in waiting to hear from us"

Any response for others??
Any update plz

alex772642

Star Member
Sep 11, 2022
I applied for a visitor visa (I am not an Indian, nor did I apply in India) and am still waiting, so I guess it is not country specific.

Probably a combination of a lack of staff, Covid + backlog because of Ukrainians and students.