+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

visitor visa got refused

palvii

Aug 9, 2019
hi,
I will be a full time student in Canada from September 2019. My cousin applied for visitor visa to accompany me for 2 weeks in Canada to help me there to get settled and to visit some places in Canada as he’s travel enthusiasts and like to visit different countries.
He got a refusal for following reasons:
1. Ties in home country and in Canada :
He owns a property and he stays with his old parents. He attached property documents and NOC from society. Also, leave letter from employer, salary statements and appointment letter as well. He doesn’t have ties in Canada as he was travelling with me who holds student visa.
2. Personal assets and financial status:
As I said earlier, he owns a property and shown 26k CAD in his bank account (salary account and personal account)
3. Travel history:
He worked for a cruise in Italy for 3 years and worked legally in USA for 2 years and no overstay in either countries. Currently he’s working in a home country and living happily with his family as I said his parents are old so he cannot stay away for longer.
Please suggest some points for improvement if any.
Also, he should apply again and attach what all documents to strengthen his application?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
What other countries has he visited for leisure purposes and that were not part of his job working on a cruise? What you mentioned about Italy and the US are not proof because he worked in those countries. They want to see other leisure travels, if he is travelling to Canada for leisure.

palvii

Aug 9, 2019
What other countries has he visited for leisure purposes and that were not part of his job working on a cruise? What you mentioned about Italy and the US are not proof because he worked in those countries. They want to see other leisure travels, if he is travelling to Canada for leisure.
he had not visited any country for leisure purpose. he applied for visitor visa just to accompany me first two weeks and help me out there. Since he has enough funds to spend on his trip he decided to come with me on a vacation. Does it necessary that you should have travel trips? He’s 29yo and haven’t had enough money before for leisure trips. Now he has enough money and stable job so he planned a short vacation.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
he had not visited any country for leisure purpose. he applied for visitor visa just to accompany me first two weeks and help me out there. Since he has enough funds to spend on his trip he decided to come with me on a vacation. Does it necessary that you should have travel trips? He’s 29yo and haven’t had enough money before for leisure trips. Now he has enough money and stable job so he planned a short vacation.
Not necessary, but a good travel history would work in one's favor...and in this case, without any leisure travel, his travel history therefore is zero.

It's really a case to case basis/the opinion of the visa officer reviewing his file. I agree with you that he does seem to have enough funds this time.

Some people have had success reapplying but adding a point to point cover letter + additional documents covering the reasons for refusal in the previous application.

kathie16

Star Member
Mar 10, 2019
If he decides to re apply, I'd suggest to add a letter of explaining the lack of leisure travel history and a detailed travel itinerary (a day by day one worked well for my mother when she applied). Good luck!

palvii

Aug 9, 2019
If he decides to re apply, I'd suggest to add a letter of explaining the lack of leisure travel history and a detailed travel itinerary (a day by day one worked well for my mother when she applied). Good luck!
so he only needs to justify his travel history while reapplying. Rest two reasons I find illogical because he attached proper documents to prove his home country ties and funds for expenses.