Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
I applied visitor visa for my mom on Feb 22. I forgot to check the biometrics box in my original application so on the second week IRCC sent us email to request for paying for biometrics. Then I paid $85 and attached the receipt to the application.

From the instruction, the next step is to wait for another instruction on how to give our biometrics. But since then no more response until yesterday I got a refusal:
• You have not complied with the requirement to provide your biometric information as per section 10.01 of the IRPA
• You have not provided the required fees for the type of document that you are requesting.
I am pretty sure I have paid the fee and uploaded the receipt to the application the same day I received that email. I saw there was a new item Payment Required at the bottom of the required documents and it was green and status Uploaded.

Last edited:

racinglord

May 19, 2023
Hi, @legenddaniel. Exactly the same thing happened to me. I received the biometric fee reminder which I submitted duly and uploaded the receipt in ircc portal (confirmed showing green). After waiting for 2 weeks, I just recieved a message that: "You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for submission of the following documents: Processing Fee or Biometrics Fee" I have tried contacted them through webform but no reply so far. I am now thinking to get in touch with local MP of the sponsor in Canada and escalate as it just feels like a bad joke. Anything else that you have tried so far?

legenddaniel

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
Hi, @legenddaniel. Exactly the same thing happened to me. I received the biometric fee reminder which I submitted duly and uploaded the receipt in ircc portal (confirmed showing green). After waiting for 2 weeks, I just recieved a message that: "You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for submission of the following documents: Processing Fee or Biometrics Fee" I have tried contacted them through webform but no reply so far. I am now thinking to get in touch with local MP of the sponsor in Canada and escalate as it just feels like a bad joke. Anything else that you have tried so far?
Please send Webform to them. Mine has been reconsidered. Expect some days for them to reply.

racinglord

May 19, 2023
Thanks for prompt response- much appreciated to calm my nerves. Tbh, its just been 2 days since I submitted the webform so I will sit tight and see what next week brings. Thanks once again

Reactions: legenddaniel

kiyone

May 7, 2023
Thanks for prompt response- much appreciated to calm my nerves. Tbh, its just been 2 days since I submitted the webform so I will sit tight and see what next week brings. Thanks once again
have they responded to your webform?

racinglord

May 19, 2023
@kiyone Its been a week and I have heard nothing. I have re-submitted the web form with all the attachments but still nothing. I have reached out to embassy and then keep saying fill the webform. Not sure on the SLAs or response times. @legenddaniel, how long did it take for you to get the response on webform and the country (assuming this happened recently to you too)?

kiyone

May 7, 2023
@kiyone Its been a week and I have heard nothing. I have re-submitted the web form with all the attachments but still nothing. I have reached out to embassy and then keep saying fill the webform. Not sure on the SLAs or response times. @legenddaniel, how long did it take for you to get the response on webform and the country (assuming this happened recently to you too)?
would wait for a while longer as I hear they can sometimes take up to a month to answer. I also sent a webform last Friday/Saturday but in regards to a deadline extension. I received no response yet

legenddaniel

Aug 1, 2019
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
07-05-2020
Med's Done....
29-06-2020
3-4 weeks

racinglord

May 19, 2023
Did anyone get reply? I'm in the same boat .
2.5 weeks in and nothing yet. They have to visit other countries too and this saga has been going on for 3 months in total now so I guess we will give up on the idea of Canada in a week or so. Shame as they have other visas like UK and its not a rejection but incompetent IRCC unable to see the payment already made. I have since found that there is another tool (application tracker) which has a record of our payment so its beggars belief how disjoint there systems are....It seems some people are getting response in 3-4weeks on IIRC webform.

racinglord

May 19, 2023
Did anyone receive biometrics instruction letter after paying the fees?
No straight refusal while we were waiting for biometric letter. I submitted query on behalf of my parents. IIRC asked to do representative form which I did. Then they asked for wet signature which I did and now I have submitted the query again. 2 weeks in. In total 4 months when we applied for visa and their tracker still shows that we have paid on time. I feel like I am dealing with a organisation from last century