not required
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
not required
Passport Req..
6 september 2016
Hello
Asking for a friend - For visitor visa, do the funds necessarily have to be 3 to 6 months old?
Also, she doesn't have enough in her bank account but her mom does, can she provide stamped letter / affidavit by her mom mentioning that she can have access to her funds whenever needed or it has to be her own bank account?
Also, as a friend of hers, can I provide her the invitation letter to visit me in Canada ( I am a PR in Canada)?

Any help is appreciated.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello
Asking for a friend - For visitor visa, do the funds necessarily have to be 3 to 6 months old?
Also, she doesn't have enough in her bank account but her mom does, can she provide stamped letter / affidavit by her mom mentioning that she can have access to her funds whenever needed or it has to be her own bank account?
Also, as a friend of hers, can I provide her the invitation letter to visit me in Canada ( I am a PR in Canada)?

Any help is appreciated.
She should show bank statements over the past 3 months to prove she can afford to visit Canada. How long is she coming to visit? How old is she? Can she even afford airfare? If she is over 22, then she needs her own funds. Her mother can provide her bank statements over the past 3 months but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. You can invite her.

Your friend also wants to show travel history and ties to return (job letter with approved leave, tuition paid/registration, business, investments, properties)

Last edited:
Reactions: gardeden

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
She should show bank statements over the past 3 months to prove she can afford to visit Canada. How long is she coming to visit? How old is she? Can she even afford airfare? If she is over 22, then she needs her own funds. Her mother can provide her bank statements over the past 3 months but IRCC doesn’t need to consider them. You can invite her.

Your friend also wants to show travel history and ties to return (job letter with approved leave, tuition paid/registration, business, investments, properties)
Hello! I also have a situation like this but my friend is 19 and med student in home country, her parents have more than enough money to support her in her trip this upcoming summer to visit me, a canadian citizen and student here. What are the chances her visa het approved?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello! I also have a situation like this but my friend is 19 and med student in home country, her parents have more than enough money to support her in her trip this upcoming summer to visit me, a canadian citizen and student here. What are the chances her visa het approved?
Can’t say. How long is visit? Where does she live? Depends on if she has travel history to the UK, US, NZ and AUS, can show that her tuition is paid/registered. Whether IRCC accepts parents funding a trip will only be known when she applies and is approved.

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
Can’t say. How long is visit? Where does she live? Depends on if she has travel history to the UK, US, NZ and AUS, can show that her tuition is paid/registered. Whether IRCC accepts parents funding a trip will only be known when she applies and is approved.
She's from Morocco. She's like to stay for three weeks unless it is recommended less. She did travel outside the country in France and Spain multiple times (5+ times) with Schengen visa then Spanish visa. She can show also that she is enrolled in med school. And even prepared fo buy the plain tickets (round trip) to show that she is going back to her home country.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
She's from Morocco. She's like to stay for three weeks unless it is recommended less. She did travel outside the country in France and Spain multiple times (5+ times) with Schengen visa then Spanish visa. She can show also that she is enrolled in med school. And even prepared fo buy the plain tickets (round trip) to show that she is going back to her home country.
So this is for next summer? Do not buy airfare as IRCC says not too, but instead show itinerary. Include her paid tuition and registration. She really needs to include her own bank account along with her parents.

gardeden

Sep 5, 2023
So this is for next summer? Do not buy airfare as IRCC says not too, but instead show itinerary. Include her paid tuition and registration. She really needs to include her own bank account along with her parents.
What if she creates a bank account only for this purpose as she uses her parents'? What do you think her chances of getting approved are?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What if she creates a bank account only for this purpose as she uses her parents'? What do you think her chances of getting approved are?
So she needs to maintain funds in the account, and needs to document where funds came from. No one can tell you chances as it based on several factors not just funds. She is young and mobile so it is more difficult if getting support from parents. Again she needs to apply see what happens.

Mgillanders

Star Member
Jul 16, 2023
It is called a reference
What does a US immigration document have to do with Canadian immigration.
it is called a reference just google with whatever country you fancy more precisely it turns a letter into what
  1. a written statement confirmed by oath or affirmation, for use as evidence in court.
    "a former employee swore an affidavit relating to his claim for unfair dismissal"

Mgillanders

Star Member
Jul 16, 2023
What is an affidavit in Canada?

An affidavit in Canada is a legal document that contains a sworn statement of facts relevant to a particular legal matter. It is used as evidence in court or to support other legal proceedings. An affidavit template may be used to help you create a customized document for your legal proceedings.