+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from USA using IRCC GC Key

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Hi, all.

I am on a B1/B2 visa in the United States and applied for a Canadian Visit Visa from the United States on 3rd September, 2021. I uploaded my COVID Pfizer Vaccination certificate as well with all the other documents. I got a biometrics request letter on 6th September, 2021 and I completed my biometrics on 23rd September, 2021. The Biometrics updated (says biometrcis completed Sept. 23, 2021) was reflected on my account on the same day. Since then I have not received any messages in my account. Previously it said under Review of eligibility that "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" and last week it automatically updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." but I did not receive any message in my account. Since then there is no update and the processing time is about to reach as well.

I am just confused after reading the September 7th updates and regarding the new IRCC portal. I just want to be sure that I have done everything right and my application is moving forward and is updating regularly. I intend to travel with my family from the US by the end of November and I understand if approved, I will need to send my passport for visa stamping, so I am just starting to worry if there's still enough time for all of that. Would you guys recommend me doing anything? Or wait till the end of this week, (Thats when the processing time counted from my biometrics completion date will be over for my application)

TIA! :)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, all.

I am on a B1/B2 visa in the United States and applied for a Canadian Visit Visa from the United States on 3rd September, 2021. I uploaded my COVID Pfizer Vaccination certificate as well with all the other documents. I got a biometrics request letter on 6th September, 2021 and I completed my biometrics on 23rd September, 2021. The Biometrics updated (says biometrcis completed Sept. 23, 2021) was reflected on my account on the same day. Since then I have not received any messages in my account. Previously it said under Review of eligibility that "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility" and last week it automatically updated to "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." but I did not receive any message in my account. Since then there is no update and the processing time is about to reach as well.

I am just confused after reading the September 7th updates and regarding the new IRCC portal. I just want to be sure that I have done everything right and my application is moving forward and is updating regularly. I intend to travel with my family from the US by the end of November and I understand if approved, I will need to send my passport for visa stamping, so I am just starting to worry if there's still enough time for all of that. Would you guys recommend me doing anything? Or wait till the end of this week, (Thats when the processing time counted from my biometrics completion date will be over for my application)

TIA! :)
Since you applied before September 7 then how were you eligible to travel to Canada? You had a covid exemption? Immediate or extended family who are PRs or citizens in Canada?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Since you applied before September 7 then how were you eligible to travel to Canada? You had a covid exemption? Immediate or extended family who are PRs or citizens in Canada?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html
Applied from the United States and and was under covid exemption. I submitted my Pfizer Vaccination certificates as well with the application and other docuements. No Immediate family in Canada. Just want to visit my cousin in Canada for about a week or so.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Applied from the United States and and was under covid exemption. I submitted my Pfizer Vaccination certificates as well with the application and other docuements. No Immediate family in Canada. Just want to visit my cousin in Canada for about a week or so.
So you didn’t have covid exemption (authorization to travel for essential proposes or family reunification) when you applied because a cousin is not extended family. All you can do is wait for visitor visa to be processed

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
So you didn’t have covid exemption (authorization to travel for essential proposes or family reunification) when you applied because a cousin is not extended family. All you can do is wait for visitor visa to be processed
Oh Okay. I supposed tourists from USA only were allowed regardless. I applied on 3rd Sept. and then updates came on 7th Sept... Already about to be 37 days from my biometrics provided date, so I hope I will get an answer soon. Eligibility review started last week btw.

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
I want to contact IRCC using the webform regarding my application since normal processing time has already passed. The webform asks for the Visa Office thats processing my application. I applied from the USA and using the online application through GC KEY Account. Do I select the New York office or the Los Angeles office from the option? Does anyone know how to know which Visa Office is processing your application?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Oh Okay. I supposed tourists from USA only were allowed regardless. I applied on 3rd Sept. and then updates came on 7th Sept... Already about to be 37 days from my biometrics provided date, so I hope I will get an answer soon. Eligibility review started last week btw.
Being a tourist in the US doesn’t give you an exemption. You can raise a webform but will not get a response immediately as priority is Afghanistan processing. As for LA or NY, depends where you are in the US.

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
Hey. My parents also in US on B1/B2 submitted application in July and biometrics done on July 29. They also had a previous Canada visa and traveled for few months in 2018. But no updates on the app. We also raised a no. of web forms, since their residence address is India, it was directed to Delhi US. The most recent web form suggested to re-apply using new portal if they wish to travel now else wait for GC key app. Since they plan to travel soon, we re-submitted the app from new IRCC portal on Oct 21st. Biometrics are linked but no updates yet. Hope this helps.

Reactions: marketyourself

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
Hey. My parents also in US on B1/B2 submitted application in July and biometrics done on July 29. They also had a previous Canada visa and traveled for few months in 2018. But no updates on the app. We also raised a no. of web forms, since their residence address is India, it was directed to Delhi US. The most recent web form suggested to re-apply using new portal if they wish to travel now else wait for GC key app. Since they plan to travel soon, we re-submitted the app from new IRCC portal on Oct 21st. Biometrics are linked but no updates yet. Hope this helps.
I meant Delhi VO

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Thanks for the update! My eligibility review started last week so I assume that my application is getting worked on. Biometrics were also linked the same day I gave them. I am planning to submit a webform on Monday too because I plan to travel in November 2021. .. I am unsure If I'm eligible for re applying using the new portal because I just wanna go for tourism purposes for a week.

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
I meant Delhi VO
I am out of my home country since 2017. In 2017 I moved to study in the US then in Feb 2020 I moved to Australia for my studies and then I came to the US straight from Aus to US on B1/B2 visa in August... so I'm really confused where my visa application would be processing.

vsudha

Sep 27, 2021
Thanks for the update! My eligibility review started last week so I assume that my application is getting worked on. Biometrics were also linked the same day I gave them. I am planning to submit a webform on Monday too because I plan to travel in November 2021. .. I am unsure If I'm eligible for re applying using the new portal because I just wanna go for tourism purposes for a week.
Yes, eligibility review in progress is a good sign. Hope you hear something soon :) good luck. Do submit web-form, that way you would atleast know which VO is processing your app. I also thought my parents app would be processed in US since the mailing address is that. But no. They forwarded the req to Delhi VO.

Reactions: marketyourself

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Yes, eligibility review in progress is a good sign. Hope you hear something soon :) good luck. Do submit web-form, that way you would atleast know which VO is processing your app. I also thought my parents app would be processed in US since the mailing address is that. But no. They forwarded the req to Delhi VO.
Perfect! I'll send in a webform on Monday because tomorrow the normal processing time from US will be completed (37 days) and also the processing time from my home country (19 days first and then 33 days currently) have already been over a few days ago. This is counting the number of days from the day I gave my biometrics, not the day I submitted my application. I'll let you know if there are any updates on Monday or when I geta reply to the webform! :)

marketyourself

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Perfect! I'll send in a webform on Monday because tomorrow the normal processing time from US will be completed (37 days) and also the processing time from my home country (19 days first and then 33 days currently) have already been over a few days ago. This is counting the number of days from the day I gave my biometrics, not the day I submitted my application. I'll let you know if there are any updates on Monday or when I geta reply to the webform! :)
Submitted a webform last night using the new webform.. will give any updates if anything comes across