+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa From Pakistan for Sister, Brother-in-law and Niece

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
I live in Canada as a PR and I want to invite my sister's family to visit me for a couple of weeks. There are 3 visitors in total, my sister, my brother-in-law and my niece. I tried to create a visa application for them online but the number of options confused me so need a bit of guidance on the following things:

1- Can all 3 be included in the same visit visa application, or I need to create a separate application for each of the three ?
2-Will all 3 visa types be the same despite them having different relations to me?
3- What are the steps in the application process that the applicants will have to do themselves and I will not be able to do on their behalf ?
4- Since I will be submitting the visa application(s) on their behalf, how do I declare that?
5- Which supporting documents will be required?

thanks!

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
I live in Canada as a PR and I want to invite my sister's family to visit me for a couple of weeks. There are 3 visitors in total, my sister, my brother-in-law and my niece. I tried to create a visa application for them online but the number of options confused me so need a bit of guidance on the following things:

1- Can all 3 be included in the same visit visa application, or I need to create a separate application for each of the three ?
2-Will all 3 visa types be the same despite them having different relations to me?
3- What are the steps in the application process that the applicants will have to do themselves and I will not be able to do on their behalf ?
4- Since I will be submitting the visa application(s) on their behalf, how do I declare that?

thanks!
1st of all if whole familybis coming then it will be strong conection or u can say tie with canada .the chances of visa approval be low. How old is neice ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

thanks!
1. Yes. they each need their own application. As per IRCC,
Do I have to apply separately for my family members?
Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.
2. Yes, that is common.
3. You can be their representative. They just need to sign and fill out the representative form.
4. Again their is a form.
5 There is a document checklist on the IRCC site. Their banks account statements to show that they can afford a visit, job letters with approved leave, if niece is attending school then tuition paid or leave from school, investment property documents, business registration. Some people show property valuations. You can provide a letter of invitation. Any documentation to show ties to return.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
1st of all if whole familybis coming then it will be strong conection or u can say tie with canada .the chances of visa approval be low. How old is neice ?
It is not the whole family, they have other children too who won't be travelling, and are quite well settled so not worried about visa rejection due to such issues.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
1. Yes. they each need their own application. As per IRCC,
Do I have to apply separately for my family members?
Family members must complete their own application forms. However, you may submit your applications together online or at a Visa Application Centre (VAC) and use one payment receipt for the total amount.
2. Yes, that is common.
3. You can be their representative. They just need to sign and fill out the representative form.
4. Again their is a form.
5 There is a document checklist on the IRCC site. Their banks account statements to show that they can afford a visit, job letters with approved leave, if niece is attending school then tuition paid or leave from school, investment property documents, business registration. Some people show property valuations. You can provide a letter of invitation. Any documentation to show ties to return.
Thank you for the information, it clarifies so many things. They have travelled to a few countries before but it will be their 1st time applying for Canadian visa. Niece goes to college so I'll add fee receipt. I plan on adding letter of invitation as well.

I'm thinking of creating their applications and then fill them up but leave final review and document attachment to them. In that case, do you think representative form will be required?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you for the information, it clarifies so many things. They have travelled to a few countries before but it will be their 1st time applying for Canadian visa. Niece goes to college so I'll add fee receipt. I plan on adding letter of invitation as well.

I'm thinking of creating their applications and then fill them up but leave final review and document attachment to them. In that case, do you think representative form will be required?
How old is the niece and children not accompanying? If you plan to do that and not apply as representative, then that is fine. You can then CANNOT act on their behalf if they need to raise webforms or contact IRCC about status. They will need to do that.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
How old is the niece and children not accompanying? If you plan to do that and not apply as representative, then that is fine. You can then CANNOT act on their behalf if they need to raise webforms or contact IRCC about status. They will need to do that.
Niece is around 20 years old, other children not accompanying are b/w the ages of 18 and 25. Thank you for clarifying the issue of applying as a representative. I didn't realize the rules around applying as a representative are so strict.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Niece is around 20 years old, other children not accompanying are b/w the ages of 18 and 25. Thank you for clarifying the issue of applying as a representative. I didn't realize the rules around applying as a representative are so strict.
Rules are not strict. A representative acts on their behalf so if there are issues with IRCC (phone calls, webforms required) then you can do that on their behalf. If you aren’t the representative then you cannot access their files. FYI, 25 year old is not a dependant so not a tie to your parents.

Reactions: guydecent

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
It seems there is a Letter of Intent required by the Visitor Visa applicants. If 3 people who belong to the same family are applying together. Then do they need a separate Letter of Intent for each applicant. Or, a single Letter of Intent listing the names of all 3 family members will be sufficient ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It seems there is a Letter of Intent required by the Visitor Visa applicants. If 3 people who belong to the same family are applying together. Then do they need a separate Letter of Intent for each applicant. Or, a single Letter of Intent listing the names of all 3 family members will be sufficient ?
Sorry what is a letter of intent? Do you mean Invitation? If so, the parents (one) have one and the niece another.

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
Sorry what is a letter of intent? Do you mean Invitation? If so, the parents (one) have one and the niece another.
Letter of Intent or Statement of Purpose is a letter that is being asked to be included with the application. The letter is supposed to describe the plans of things the applicants intend to do in Canada during their stay. I am wondering if all 3 applicants can submit a single letter as their intent is the same? As far as Letter of Invitation is concerned, that is different and, being the host, I have already written a single letter in support of the 3 applicants.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Letter of Intent or Statement of Purpose is a letter that is being asked to be included with the application. The letter is supposed to describe the plans of things the applicants intend to do in Canada during their stay. I am wondering if all 3 applicants can submit a single letter as their intent is the same? As far as Letter of Invitation is concerned, that is different and, being the host, I have already written a single letter in support of the 3 applicants.
Niece had one and parents have another since niece is not part of grandparents application and shows her own funds, ties, travel history etc.

Reactions: guydecent

guydecent

Star Member
Jun 29, 2019
The application for TRV application for visit visa is asking for Marriage Certificate of my sister and brother-in-law. They don't have a marriage certificate and it will take lot of time to obtain one. Is a marriage certificate mandatory for TRV application ? They have however attached Family Relationship Certificate (FRC) for their family showing them as father and mother of their children.