Already Submitted
VISA ISSUED...
26/01/2017
LANDED..........
22/04/2017
Anyone here who applied for Visitors Visa or Tourist visa from Nigeria or Ghana

ubfx

Oct 6, 2017
one of my friend applied from Lagos on 15th june and his application arrived with refusal on 25 Sep. it is taking 100 to 110 days from Nigeria.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
I know someone who applied at the beginning of June and no update yet. Someone else applied in September and they already got a decision. A third one applied in August and got a decision. The Nigerian process has no real timeline.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I applied online for my mother-in-law since June 24, no update. I sent Accra visa office an e-mail on Oct 18 and they responded the same day. I really wish I did a paper application. I just don't understand how a visit visa could take 4 months+. The current processing time for Ghana as per the website is 93 days. When I applied in June it was 21 days. I know of 2 Nigerians who have also applied (one in May, not sure of the other one) and are still waiting.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Due to significant and unforeseen increases in the volume of temporary resident applications we receive (temporary resident visas, study permits, and work permits), we are currently outside regular processing times. We continue to process applications as quickly as possible in the order they were received.

Information on office processing times can be found here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

To check the status of your application, please consult these instructions:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=029&top=3

We trust that you will find this information useful.

Sincerely,

Immigration Program | Programme d’ immigration (RE)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

*Mandie*

Last edited:

Celestine93

Aug 27, 2017
I applied Online on the 28th of June yet no update till now
My friend that applied same day with me got a decision since August thou it was rejected and also another friend of mine applied August 27th and got rejected today 28th October.

fernendez

Sep 26, 2010
Its sad @ how applications are being treated in Nigeria. Even application from Indian , a place known for all sort gets better application treatment.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I applied Online on the 28th of June yet no update till now
My friend that applied same day with me got a decision since August thou it was rejected and also another friend of mine applied August 27th and got rejected today 28th October.
Hi
Any update on your application? Nothing from my end. This is really frustrating!
*Mandie *

zyon

Feb 26, 2019
hi , please i would like to find out whcih proof of relationship you used, i am asking because i couldn't get a birth certificate from my mums end...are there other options for me to use as a replacement

I applied online for my mother-in-law since June 24, no update. I sent Accra visa office an e-mail on Oct 18 and they responded the same day. I really wish I did a paper application. I just don't understand how a visit visa could take 4 months+. The current processing time for Ghana as per the website is 93 days. When I applied in June it was 21 days. I know of 2 Nigerians who have also applied (one in May, not sure of the other one) and are still waiting.

Dear Sir/Madam,

Due to significant and unforeseen increases in the volume of temporary resident applications we receive (temporary resident visas, study permits, and work permits), we are currently outside regular processing times. We continue to process applications as quickly as possible in the order they were received.

Information on office processing times can be found here:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

To check the status of your application, please consult these instructions:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=029&top=3

We trust that you will find this information useful.

Sincerely,

Immigration Program | Programme d’ immigration (RE)
High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada
P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
hi , please i would like to find out whcih proof of relationship you used, i am asking because i couldn't get a birth certificate from my mums end...are there other options for me to use as a replacement
Hi,
I didn’t attach my in-laws birth cert. My hubby’s birth cert had his mother’s name on it.

Att the best

*Mandie*

Demaktjun3792

Star Member
Apr 3, 2020
If your application is not one that is considered an essential travel then be sure that it is paused from 9-29 of April as ircc is also advising clients not to apply for visas at the moment if they are not considered essential trips

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes I applied for a visitor visa jan 3 till now no response from them ..pls any help I apply from Nigeria
Applications are taking much longer because of increased scrutiny from a Nigerian applicants. There have been increased asylum claims from Nigeria and so Canada is trying to prevent people from getting a TRV if they are not true tourists.

Adeoye1432

Apr 15, 2020
They would reply you but it might take 7 or 8 months. I applied for my own visitor visa on June 10th 2019 and they replied me in March 2020.