+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa from Netherlands

Yess

Star Member
Jan 22, 2024
Guys, finally today I received letter from IRCC on passport submission. Overall it took me 1 month. So very good news since I expected it much longer due to internet feedback and review.

Good luck to everybody!
Did your conference have a conference code? I heard those are processed faster and what’s your timeline?

Ckj

Jun 21, 2024
Hi,
I have applied for a Canadian visitor visa and submitted my biometrics on February 28th. I have to attend a conference on July 8th, but I have not received any updates yet. Has anyone here received their visa before the conference date?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
I have applied for a Canadian visitor visa and submitted my biometrics on February 28th. I have to attend a conference on July 8th, but I have not received any updates yet. Has anyone here received their visa before the conference date?
DId you check current processing times. I think for Netherlands it is over 200 days so don’t think you will get response in time. IRCC doesn’t expedite for a conference.

Ckj

Jun 21, 2024
Yeah, I know the processing time is quite long, but I still thought of asking since I saw that someone else got their visa earlier. I think it is completely random.

cvkd007

Jun 22, 2024
Yes i have submitted the conference code and my conference date is from 8th July, Did you also submit visa application for attending conference?
yes i did as well. My conference is in October, Going by the threads it seems some people have received it sooner, while others have not. As your date is approaching fast I suppose you might want to email IRCC or the visa office for the status?

Ckj

Jun 21, 2024
yes i did as well. My conference is in October, Going by the threads it seems some people have received it sooner, while others have not. As your date is approaching fast I suppose you might want to email IRCC or the visa office for the status?
I have sent an email to ircc using webform but didn’t get any respond

Ckj

Jun 21, 2024
hmmm this doesn't sound encouraging. I wonder what else can be done.
Nothing, even i asked vfs global but they just give email id and phone number using which i tried to contact ircc but i could not get any response. So just wait and watch.

cvkd007

Jun 22, 2024
Nothing, even i asked vfs global but they just give email id and phone number using which i tried to contact ircc but i could not get any response. So just wait and watch.
All the best! Do let us know if there is an update.

cvkd007

Jun 22, 2024
any update? Did you get your visa?

Ckj

Jun 21, 2024
I have not received a visa yet. We cannot do anything except wait and learn from this lesson. Next time, if you have an important conference, it is wise to check the country's visa processing time.