+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa from inside canada

vcitizen

Aug 22, 2018
This is for my mother, Right now she is in Canada, on temporary visitor record which expires on 18th Feb, 2024. I have applied for renewal for the same.

She is Indian Citizen. She was holding canadian visa ( was valid for 10 years multiple entires) which expired August 2023. She has done biometric and medical recently so they are valid as well.

Now I am looking to get her Canadian Visitor visa which normally valid for 10 years with multiple entries and stamped on passport, how do I get the same (not temporary visitor record)

Request your kind help

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is for my mother, Right now she is in Canada, on temporary visitor record which expires on 18th Feb, 2024. I have applied for renewal for the same.

She is Indian Citizen. She was holding canadian visa ( was valid for 10 years multiple entires) which expired August 2023. She has done biometric and medical recently so they are valid as well.

Now I am looking to get her Canadian Visitor visa which normally valid for 10 years with multiple entries and stamped on passport, how do I get the same (not temporary visitor record)

Request your kind help
Once she leaves Canada then she can reapply outside Canada . If she remains in Canada, then all she does is keep applying for extensions. At some point the extension will be refused and she will have to leave.

vcitizen

Aug 22, 2018
thank you so much for your kind help, I sincerely appreciate it.

whether this extension refusal will have any adverse effects, meaning in future we apply for her Visa from India whether it will create any problems or issues>

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
thank you so much for your kind help, I sincerely appreciate it.

whether this extension refusal will have any adverse effects, meaning in future we apply for her Visa from India whether it will create any problems or issues>
None . But you do not want to give the impression she’s attempting to live in Canada on a visitor visa . She wants to stay long enough in her home country to show she has ties there and that she will return . It’s when people attempt to quasi live in Canada when they are a visitor that you’ll run into an issue

Reactions: canuck78

vcitizen

Aug 22, 2018
thanks again, she been here for one year now and whether its reasonable for make her stay for another year ?

vcitizen

Aug 22, 2018
thank you so much, I actually lost my father last year after long battle with cancer so trying to find out ways to make her comfortable

is there way to apply under any category, wether Super Visa can be applied from India on any given time and we dont need windows to get open for that?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you so much, I actually lost my father last year after long battle with cancer so trying to find out ways to make her comfortable

is there way to apply under any category, wether Super Visa can be applied from India on any given time and we dont need windows to get open for that?
If you are eligible for Supervisa (meet LICO) and she passes the medical and purchases a year of health insurance then it is an option. It must be applied from outside Canada.

Reactions: vcitizen

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Would first attempt to extend her stay inn Canada and would personally not request a year. If granted an extension you may get up to one year because IRCC is attempting to clear backlogs and doesn’t want times taken up by renewals. By asking for another year when she has already visited for a year you can appear entitled. You should be making plans for your mother to return to India and spend a certain amount of time reestablishing her life there before trying to visit Canada again. I assume your mother has lived in India her whole life so she is familiar with India and must have friends and most likely some family living in India. You can even hire someone to come and help her everyday and keep her company if you want. As a visitor she can’t move to Canada and there is only a limited amount of spots available through PGP so it could take over a decade to sponsor someone if selected at all. Parent sponsorship is not guaranteed so you need to also have a plan B.

Reactions: vcitizen

vcitizen

Aug 22, 2018
thank you so much, this is very helpful indeed.

Yes, I will apply for extention for 6 months, we got one extension which expires on 18th Feb, 2024 and hope for the best.

And after that wont apply for extention and only apply for super visa from India after certain time or prudent to apply right away?

whether this sounds like good strategy?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thank you so much, this is very helpful indeed.

Yes, I will apply for extention for 6 months, we got one extension which expires on 18th Feb, 2024 and hope for the best.

And after that wont apply for extention and only apply for super visa from India after certain time or prudent to apply right away?

whether this sounds like good strategy?
Do you meet LICO for the number of people in your family? Does your mother have any health issues?