+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor visa from inside Canada is 'Withdrawn' !!

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
I am on a valid work permit and my family (wife & child) on valid visitor record in Canada, but our multiple entry visas expired, but before the expiry by 31 days I applied as a main applicant for all of us to get new visitor visas to be able to exit/enter Canada during our approved stay of 2 years.

My own application was approved and they requested my passport to issue the visa, but the other 2 applications for my wife & child were showing as 'Withdrawn' by IRCC.

The letters from IRCC say: "You hold a valid to same or longer date Visitor Record"

Not sure what is wrong here, How can I apply for a visa for them from inside Canada so we can leave/enter ? and should I get a refund for these 2 withdrawn applications ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I am on a valid work permit and my family (wife & child) on valid visitor record in Canada, but our multiple entry visas expired, but before the expiry by 31 days I applied as a main applicant for all of us to get new visitor visas to be able to exit/enter Canada during our approved stay of 2 years.

My own application was approved and they requested my passport to issue the visa, but the other 2 applications for my wife & child were showing as 'Withdrawn' by IRCC.

The letters from IRCC say: "You hold a valid to same or longer date Visitor Record"

Not sure what is wrong here, How can I apply for a visa for them from inside Canada so we can leave/enter ? and should I get a refund for these 2 withdrawn applications ?
If they are on visitor visas then they need to apply outside Canada. Visitor records allow them to stay in Canada. You can apply for TRV since you are on a work permit. So request a refund for their applications. Once they are outside Canada they can apply for TRVs. If your spouse and child were on open work permit and study permit, they could apply for a TRV from inside Canada.

Reactions: MdRam

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
If they are on visitor visas then they need to apply outside Canada. Visitor records allow them to stay in Canada. You can apply for TRV since you are on a work permit. So request a refund for their applications. Once they are outside Canada they can apply for TRVs. If your spouse and child were on open work permit and study permit, they could apply for a TRV from inside Canada.
Thank you so much for your reply. So there is no way to apply for them from inside Canada now ? or they need to stay the whole 2 years without exit then.

Also how can I request a refund ? or it should be issued automatically by IRCC ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much for your reply. So there is no way to apply for them from inside Canada now ? or they need to stay the whole 2 years without exit then.

Also how can I request a refund ? or it should be issued automatically by IRCC ?
As said above, they need to be outside of Canada to apply for new TRVs.

Reactions: MdRam and Naturgrl

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

No way from inside. They either stay in Canada or they leave and reapply for a TRV…so your decision. You should automatically receive a refund.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/refund.asp

Reactions: MdRam

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Your spouse should really be applying for an OWP even if she doesn’t intend to work. If your child is 4+ they should be applying for a study permit. They do not appear to be visiting Canada.

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
Your spouse should really be applying for an OWP even if she doesn’t intend to work. If your child is 4+ they should be applying for a study permit. They do not appear to be visiting Canada.
Thank you for your response!

Yeah I can apply for OWP for my spouse, but my child is still ~ 3y, not sure if I can apply for a study permit for him at the moment, but the officer added this remark in his Visitor record (to attend pre-school as I can remember):

IRPA A30(2) - AUTHORIZED TO STUDY IN CANADA

Can I still apply for a study permit for him now (and get a TRV along with it) to allow him to travel as well ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thank you for your response!

Yeah I can apply for OWP for my spouse, but my child is still ~ 3y, not sure if I can apply for a study permit for him at the moment, but the officer added this remark in his Visitor record (to attend pre-school as I can remember):

Can I still apply for a study permit for him now (and get a TRV along with it) to allow him to travel as well ?
TRV should be fine for now. When they attend junior kindergarten or when you apply for there next stay you should apply for study permit.

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
TRV should be fine for now. When they attend junior kindergarten or when you apply for there next stay you should apply for study permit.
As per my understanding, It seems there is no option to get TRV for my family now from inside Canada, that's why applying for OWP for spouse should get her a TRV also, but not sure if I need to wait for the child to be 4 so I can apply for his study permit which should give him a TRV as well.

Correct me if I am wrong.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
As per my understanding, It seems there is no option to get TRV for my family now from inside Canada, that's why applying for OWP for spouse should get her a TRV also, but not sure if I need to wait for the child to be 4 so I can apply for his study permit which should give him a TRV as well.

Correct me if I am wrong.
If approved for an OWP, then she can apply for a TRV inland. Same for child. Needs study permit approved to apply inland. You can try for study permit but he is authorized to go to school on TRV. He is 3 so may want to wait until starting primary school.

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
I tried to request a refund online now through their payment portal, but it shows the below error after I selected the receipt number. Is this expected ?
We can't complete your refund request
We can't process your request because one of our offices is still working on your application.
To request a refund, contact us using our web form instead.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
It's been almost 2 months now since the withdrawal of my family's visitor visas, but I haven't received any refunds. How long does this take ? what should I do in this case ?
Did you contact IRCC and withdraw the applications a few months an ago? It says to use the webform in our post. The issue is that if you didn’t withdraw the applications then you cannot request a refund because it is still being reviewed.

If it’s been longer than 8 weeks, and you have not been automatically refunded, you can ask for a refund using your receipt number.

MdRam

Jun 17, 2023
Did you contact IRCC and withdraw the applications a few months an ago? It says to use the webform in our post. The issue is that if you didn’t withdraw the applications then you cannot request a refund because it is still being reviewed.

If it’s been longer than 8 weeks, and you have not been automatically refunded, you can ask for a refund using your receipt number.
The 2 applications were withdrawn by IRCC not by me as mentioned in my original post, and I never contacted them to withdraw them after or before (maybe I wasn't clear in my last comment).

Then when I tried today to use the payment portal to request the refunds as suggested, I searched with the receipt number and when I clicked 'Request Refund' I got this message. Now I am trying to use the webform for that, but not sure what is wrong here

We can't complete your refund request
We can't process your request because one of our offices is still working on your application.
To request a refund, contact us using our web form instead.

Last edited: