+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

ind.can

Feb 17, 2018
Hi I am planning to apply for TRV and my husband who has a PR is planning to travel in Feb 2022. As we have got married in Oct 2021, would like to know if change of marital status is mandatory on the passport?

Also the address on my current passport is an old address, no one lives their anymore. Will it be an issue to use this passport for TRV?
I am planning to apply for change in address and adding of husbands name later in Jan as by then we would receive our marriage certificate.

Should i go ahead and apply for my TRV using current passport? Please suggest.

Thank you,

PallaviSharma

Aug 3, 2021
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask if anyone has raised a webform with Delhi Immigration before and if yes, what is the subject line in their automated response?

In all my previous webforms, the format in the Subject line of their email was :

"<UCI Number> - <Applicant Name> - Visitor"

I submitted a webform on Friday (13th) for my wife's TRV application and I got an automated response but the subject line is :

"<Application Number> please expedite and attach the docs"

This makes me want to believe that some human (IRCC officer) actually notified New Delhi visa office with the above instructions. Since I have never used these words in my webform.

Does anyone have any similar experience?
Does this mean anything? I have received email something similar. I know it's pretty old Post. But just wanted to know what was the outcome after you got this email. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Isi19

Nov 3, 2021
First application: 22-Aug (GCKEY)
Second application: 15-Sep (GCKEY)
Ghost update on 2nd application on 16th Sep - Is it a good sign?

Did anyone get a ghost update before getting PPR ?
It's not really a ghost update. You will notice that they send you an email saying "we updated your application status". But when you login to GC Key, you don't see a new message. But what you will notice is you can see the checklist of the documents you submitted in support of your visa application. Which is the new update that's been done to your application status. Doesn't imply you're getting PPR anytime soon.

Lisaken

Jun 14, 2019
Hello Everyone

I applied for PHAC on compassionate ground for my mum to come to Canada for post natal care ?high risk pregnancy) and I got this reply.this is the reply I got.
Does this mean I do not need it?

We are reaching out to you from the Compassionate Exemption Team at the Public Health Agency of Canada in regards to your application for exemption from the COVID-19 federal travel restrictions for compassionate reasons.

Based on the information you provided in your application, an exemption through the Compassionate Exemption Program is not required, and your application will now be closed. Your application indicated that you meet the Government of Canada requirements of fully vaccinated travellers.

To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller, you must have received the full series of one of the following vaccines — or a combination of vaccines — approved by the Government of Canada, at least 14 full days prior to the day you travel.

If you have recovered from COVID-19, you still need a full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or mix of 2 accepted vaccines.

In addition to the above, you must also ensure that that you meet the following requirements:

· be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter;

· have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19; and

· follow pre-entry testing and entry requirements.

Foreign nationals who do not qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption must request an exemption online and receive written approval to enter Canada. Without this advanced approval, you will likely be denied entry.

All travellers entering Canada, regardless of citizenship, must follow testing and quarantine requirements to keep everyone safe.

It is the traveller’s responsibility to demonstrate that they qualify for the exemption for fully vaccinated travellers. Final determination of whether or not you qualify for the exemption is made by a government representative at the time of arrival at the port of entry.

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements for a fully vaccinated traveller, as noted on the website above, you may respond to this email to provide us with clarification of your circumstances. We will then provide further guidance on how to submit a new application under the Compassionate Exemption Program, if applicable.

Please be advised that an approval under the Compassionate Exemption Program will not impact the processing time of your visa application. Compassionate Exemption Applications will not be processed for the purpose of expediting/prioritizing visa applications. We invite you to contact IRCC if you should have any questions on your visa application or biometrics requirements. Please refer to the IRCC website for more information.

Reactions: kuldip25

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello Everyone

I applied for PHAC on compassionate ground for my mum to come to Canada for post natal care ?high risk pregnancy) and I got this reply.this is the reply I got.
Does this mean I do not need it?

We are reaching out to you from the Compassionate Exemption Team at the Public Health Agency of Canada in regards to your application for exemption from the COVID-19 federal travel restrictions for compassionate reasons.

Based on the information you provided in your application, an exemption through the Compassionate Exemption Program is not required, and your application will now be closed. Your application indicated that you meet the Government of Canada requirements of fully vaccinated travellers.

To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller, you must have received the full series of one of the following vaccines — or a combination of vaccines — approved by the Government of Canada, at least 14 full days prior to the day you travel.

If you have recovered from COVID-19, you still need a full series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine or mix of 2 accepted vaccines.

In addition to the above, you must also ensure that that you meet the following requirements:

· be eligible to enter Canada on the specific date you enter;

· have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19; and

· follow pre-entry testing and entry requirements.

Foreign nationals who do not qualify for the fully vaccinated traveller exemption must request an exemption online and receive written approval to enter Canada. Without this advanced approval, you will likely be denied entry.

All travellers entering Canada, regardless of citizenship, must follow testing and quarantine requirements to keep everyone safe.

It is the traveller’s responsibility to demonstrate that they qualify for the exemption for fully vaccinated travellers. Final determination of whether or not you qualify for the exemption is made by a government representative at the time of arrival at the port of entry.

If you do not meet the eligibility requirements for a fully vaccinated traveller, as noted on the website above, you may respond to this email to provide us with clarification of your circumstances. We will then provide further guidance on how to submit a new application under the Compassionate Exemption Program, if applicable.

Please be advised that an approval under the Compassionate Exemption Program will not impact the processing time of your visa application. Compassionate Exemption Applications will not be processed for the purpose of expediting/prioritizing visa applications. We invite you to contact IRCC if you should have any questions on your visa application or biometrics requirements. Please refer to the IRCC website for more information.
So your mum has a visitor visa to enter Canada? If so she enters on her visitor visa and follows current guidelines for testing, vaccinations, and quarantining, if required. If not then apply for a visitor visa.

Last edited:

rohitkadam

Feb 13, 2017
My parents applied for Visitor Visa with GC Key system and already given Biometrics in early December 2021. Anyone knows the processing time for applicants with GC key system after Biometrics completed?

sunandaece10

Jan 6, 2022
Sorry for the stupid question, I have just applied my parent's visitor visa using gckey ( As I wasn't aware of the new IRCC portal). Is it mandatory to submit any new visitor visa application using only the new IRCC portal?

Reactions: kuldip25

qwertas

Dec 16, 2018
My parents applied for Visitor Visa with GC Key system and already given Biometrics in early December 2021. Anyone knows the processing time for applicants with GC key system after Biometrics completed?
I submitted the application for my immediate family member on Nov 25th through GCkey. Biometrics completed on Nov 30th, no updates after it