+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

fahad04

Nov 22, 2014
Saskatchewan
With the new declaration in the IRCC website for TRV applications submitted before September 7, 2021 I think, IRCC want us to let them know applicants Covid-19 exemption status (Vaccination Cert., Reuniting immediate family member for discretionary travel etc.), they don't actually want us to re-apply.

According to website "If you applied before September 7, 2021, and you already told us that you qualify for a COVID-19 exemption
You do not need to submit a new application or write to us again."

Also, they added a placeholder for vaccination proof documents to be uploaded while providing supporting documents for TRV which can also be sent to them through webform.

As per the website "If your situation has changed since you submitted your visitor visa application, We recommend that you submit a new online application" & to be clear, getting vaccinated or waiting for long (application in process) is not situation change.

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Hi All,

Did anyone receive Passport Request recently? Could you please share your timeline.
After a new application is updated I guess we need to wait 14 to 30 business days. Thats what the portal says
  • We’ll contact you within 14 to 30 business days of getting your complete application.

sagar004

Dec 5, 2017
Hi there,

Greetings of the day. Can you please help me to understand as I got below email from IRCC today?
Did you get same standard email in your case , and then after few days you got medical request followed by PPR ??

Timeline:
App submitted : March 2020
Biometric Request: March 2020
Bio- submitted : March 2021 ( due to covid)
travel-exempt webform submitted: 16th August, 2021
Response of travel-exempt webform : 1st September, 2021 (below email)

------

""September 1, 2021

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada""
Hi, Have you got PPR request now or still waiting for it?

sagar004

Dec 5, 2017
Hi Harshara,
Congrats on your visa. I have also received the same email letter (Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification ) last week for TRV. did you communicate them through the IRCC webform link that is included in the letter? Thanks
Hi Manie, Have you got PPR mail after the generic response mail you receiveD?

sagar004

Dec 5, 2017
Hi Guys,

IRCC is confusing with their processing. I really don't know what is going to happen with my applications.

I am Permanent Resident and I applied Visitor Visa for my wife & children. Here are timelines:

Visitor Visa applied: 25th April 21
Biometric request received: 26th April 21
Biometrics completed: 15th July 21
IRCC webform for prioritizing application raised on: 4th September 2021
After IRCC asked to resubmit new visa request I raised 2nd request on 11th September 21
Received generic acknowledgement (for webform raised on 4th) : 13th September 21(this is for 1st visit visa webform).

Now I am confused what is going to happen with 2nd visa request. Please share your views

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Hi Guys,

IRCC is confusing with their processing. I really don't know what is going to happen with my applications.

I am Permanent Resident and I applied Visitor Visa for my wife & children. Here are timelines:

Visitor Visa applied: 25th April 21
Biometric request received: 26th April 21
Biometrics completed: 15th July 21
IRCC webform for prioritizing application raised on: 4th September 2021
After IRCC asked to resubmit new visa request I raised 2nd request on 11th September 21
Received generic acknowledgement (for webform raised on 4th) : 13th September 21(this is for 1st visit visa webform).

Now I am confused what is going to happen with 2nd visa request. Please share your views
Hi Sagar,
I think all you can do is wait and watch. Seems like they started processing your prior application only.
IRCC notification confused many so you should be good either way.

Reactions: sagar004

joeskc

Feb 5, 2021
When you complete the IMM form there is an option which you can select 'other' from drop down and write COVID 19 exemption. I dont exactly remember. But I think thats what they meant by saying "f you already informed us"
Hi - Can you please help me with this info? I checked the IMM5257 form and I dont see any dropdowns. However, in "Details of Visit to Canada" section, I saw two fields - "Purpose of my visit" and "Other". Is this where I need to mention "COVID-19 Exemption"?

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hi - Can you please help me with this info? I checked the IMM5257 form and I dont see any dropdowns. However, in "Details of Visit to Canada" section, I saw two fields - "Purpose of my visit" and "Other". Is this where I need to mention "COVID-19 Exemption"?
Yup select others from the drop down box and then in the next tab put COVID-19.

sk159

Sep 10, 2021
Got passport request for spouse visitor visa (spousal outland in progress).
Applicant country: India
Visitor visa first application: Aug 9, 2021
Raised webform: Aug 23, 2021
Response of webform: Sep 8, 2021
Applied for visitor visa second time (via gckey): Sep 9, 2021
Passport request for second visitor visa application: Sep 14, 2021

Renuka venkatesan

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
Hi help me please.
first application i mentioned purpose of travel "tourism " and never mentioned about covid-19 exemption.
so if i resubmit should say "tourism" or "other" under purpose of travel in the application? and where should i mention application number and uci no whetehr in cover letter or application?

Ranga0585

Jan 6, 2019
Got passport request for spouse visitor visa (spousal outland in progress).
Applicant country: India
Visitor visa first application: Aug 9, 2021
Raised webform: Aug 23, 2021
Response of webform: Sep 8, 2021
Applied for visitor visa second time (via gckey): Sep 9, 2021
Passport request for second visitor visa application: Sep 14, 2021
Wow thats a good news. May I know your status in Canada?