+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

azizvohra

Dec 3, 2013
We applied for My sister' husband visitor visa(spousal application in progress) july 2020 and was able to finish biometrics in july 2021 after 1 year. We have raised few web form in past but got all generic emails like everyone else. Today, out of no where we got correspondence letter for biometrics(visitor visa). Did any one got this recently? Does that mean they have started looking into it? Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikhil Patel msw

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
We applied for My sister' husband visitor visa(spousal application in progress) july 2020 and was able to finish biometrics in july 2021 after 1 year. We have raised few web form in past but got all generic emails like everyone else. Today, out of no where we got correspondence letter for biometrics(visitor visa). Did any one got this recently? Does that mean they have started looking into it? Thanks
Seems refusal to me, If there is no passport request.

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
for refusal, there should be refusal letter also?
When a decision is made, Biometrics validation correspondence letter is sent. If there is passport request before that it means approval. If there is no passport request its refusal.

Biometrics Correspondence letter is followed by formal refusal or approval letter.

Aftabshah2565

Star Member
Apr 27, 2021
When a decision is made, Biometrics validation correspondence letter is sent. If there is passport request before that it means approval. If there is no passport request its refusal.

Biometrics Correspondence letter is followed by formal refusal or approval letter.
My status is as follows from last 9 months :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need additional documents.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What do you think, I am confused

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
My status is as follows from last 9 months :
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
We do not need additional documents.
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

What do you think, I am confused
It indicates that they are reviewing file or may be waiting for background checks to be completed.

May 29, 2019
Hi.. What is the your status in Canada? PR or study permit?
I am planning to apply for my parents.
Hi All,

Got Visitor visa approved for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

This is what we got from CIC:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

December 1, 2020

Good day XXXNameXXXXX,

Your application for a Temporary Resident Visa to travel to Canada has been approved.

At this time, in response to COVID-19, we are not requesting that you provide your passport.

Instead, bring this letter and proof that you meet a travel restriction exemption with you to the airport and show it to the airline as proof of approval for a visa in accordance with the exemptions in place due to COVID-19. You will also require this letter upon arrival in Canada, for presentation to the Border Services Officer (BSO) of the Canada Border Services Agency.

It is very important that you keep a copy (or electronic copy) of this letter with you while travelling to Canada.

When you arrive to the airport, the airline staff will ask you questions about your health before you can board a flight to Canada. This includes whether you have a fever, a cough or breathing difficulties. You also cannot have been refused boarding in the past 14 days due to a medical reason related to COVID-19. To board your flight, you must provide evidence that you are travelling for a non-discretionary purpose and not for reasons that are optional or discretionary, such as tourism, recreation or entertainment.

If you are displaying symptoms of COVID-19 or are travelling for a discretionary purpose, you may not be permitted to board your flight or enter Canada.

This letter serves to authorize your travel to Canada under the conditions listed below. Please read them carefully.

Name: xxxxxxx

Travel Document: Passport
Travel Document Number: xxxxxxx
Travel Document Country of Issuance India # of Entries: Single Entry Visa
Expiry date of Temporary Resident Visa: Got only for 2 months

Itinerary: DEL – YVR 24DEC

NOTE: Your passport must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada. Documents will not be issued beyond the validity of passports.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Below is our Application timelines:

We applied for a visitor visa for my wife's mother (immediate family member)

Purpose of Travel: To support daughter during pregnancy

Duration of Travel: Jan 01, 2021 to March 01, 2021

Application date: October 28, 2020
- Applied online and from Outside Canada (India)

Biometrics Request Letter: October 29, 2020

Biometrics completed: on November 08, 2020 (in Dubai)
Hey sb0821,

Congrates for visa and probably for having baby as of now!

I am single and am planning to apply for my parents for family visit (thats me!). However, I am looking for MultiEntry Visa. Do you know what makes difference regarding Single Entry Visa/Multi Entry Visa?

regards,

Nikhil Patel msw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2019
when final decision is made than u got cor.latter so dont worry you get decision in this weak. its not a refusual.

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Quick question :

After submitting a TRV application, how long does it take before they start reviewing eligibility in GCKey?

Submitted my parents application 4 days ago and sent webform for prioritization. But eligibility line says "We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility"

Mar 15, 2017
Hi all,
My wife applied for TRV from Dubai in NOv 2020. Biometrics completed in December 2020 and we are waiting since then. I'm a PR holder so do I need to raise web form as a PR or does my wife need to do that ? We have raised 3 webforms and no response even after 1 month goes by. Please suggest if anyone is in the same boat.

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019

reshma.sayeed

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
Seems like IRCC is asking to re-submit Visitor Visa applications who submitted before Sept 7th. Anyone aware of this ? I am not sure if I fall under conditions they mentioned for re-applying as I am just visiting my friend/tourism as purpose of visit - but would like to immediately travel once approved.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Anyone any idea on this update ?
yes, that's the new update from IRCC. are you planning to re submit the application?