+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

sagar004

Dec 5, 2017
My dad visitor visa

Applied-1 july 2020
Biometric after 1 year - 20 july 2021
Raised webform for priority- 20 july 2021
Received PPR - 20 Aug 2021
I am PR holder.
Hello mate,
Could you please tell me what is it mean raised webform for priority? is there any special process for marking as priority? Please help with info.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Raised webform today for mother's visa application Waiting now for next steps.

Applied-15th February 2021
Biometrics completed - 9th August 2021
Raised webform - 30th September 2021
PPR - Waiting

Sardee

Feb 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
URGENT*
Guys, i need help. I applied for my parents visitor visa in March 2020 and COVID-19 happened, i was TR at that time . They did biometrics in august 2021. i am PR now and want to make sure if their file is processed on priority basis. Our baby arrived in august 2021 and we desperately need somebody from family here in CA. Should i submit a regular webform or special measures one. M confused bw them, Plus can i be the inquirer? or it must be my father(main applicant for visitor visa). What documents should i attach with the webform? In webform Should i select temporary residence in drop down menu ? and in type of application- visitor record or just visa?
TIA

np1610

Star Member
Jun 26, 2018
Thanks, I raised webform on Aug 3 and they replied on Aug 27. Then we got PPR request on Aug 29.
Hi there,

Greetings of the day. Can you please help me to understand as I got below email from IRCC today?
Did you get same standard email in your case , and then after few days you got medical request followed by PPR ??

Timeline:
App submitted : March 2020
Biometric Request: March 2020
Bio- submitted : March 2021 ( due to covid)
travel-exempt webform submitted: 16th August, 2021
Response of travel-exempt webform : 1st September, 2021 (below email)

------

""September 1, 2021

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada""

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hi Harshara,
Congrats on your visa. I have also received the same email letter (Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification ) last week for TRV. did you communicate them through the IRCC webform link that is included in the letter? Thanks
Hi Manie!

Have you received the passport request letter! I am standing on the same boat now. I have received the Generic email, so I was wondering if everyone who received these emails have gotten their visa.

I would really appreciate your reply.

goyalneha60

Star Member
Aug 12, 2018
Hello,

I have received passport request for my father. And now he needs to submit his passport by using online payment link on vfs website, but he already paid for the services at VFS chandigarh office rupees 3050 for two way courier service.
Can someone pleaae guide how much time it will take to collect his passport? Or do I need to use the link on vfs website and pay the fees again?
hi, can you please help me too with this query.. i got passport request for my parent . what is the next step? do I need to go to VSF to submit? is it a walkin or need to book online any appointment, especially there is 3 day off now.

as far as 3050 is concerned, I am sure they took that for using premium lounge service (same happened to us in Chandigarh vfs) and it doesn't include courier fee.
Can u pls guide me on these 3 ques as I checked the letter late and deadline of passport submission is this week
1) how to submit the passport ? is to walk in to VAC? or appointment is needed?
2) in how many days you get stamped passport back?
3) does the applicant has to go or anyone can submit.

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hi there,

Greetings of the day. Can you please help me to understand as I got below email from IRCC today?
Did you get same standard email in your case , and then after few days you got medical request followed by PPR ??

Timeline:
App submitted : March 2020
Biometric Request: March 2020
Bio- submitted : March 2021 ( due to covid)
travel-exempt webform submitted: 16th August, 2021
Response of travel-exempt webform : 1st September, 2021 (below email)

------

""September 1, 2021

Subject: Request for an Authorization for Exemption from Canadian Travel Restrictions for the Purpose of Family Reunification

Good day,

We have received your enquiry and can confirm that a review of your application remains in process. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) will be in touch with you when a final decision is made or if more information is required. To obtain more information, please fill out the IRCC Web form in order for it to be sent to the responsible Canadian visa office directly.

Due to the ongoing situation, IRCC offices are experiencing processing delays. Rest assured that they are making all the necessary efforts to process requests as soon as possible; however, having to respond to status updates on applications will affect the processing times.

Also note that during the review of your file, you are not considered to hold a valid Travel document. As such, you should not plan or undertake any travel to Canada until you are advised.

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time,

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada""
Hey,

Do you have any updates!

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
hi, can you please help me too with this query.. i got passport request for my parent . what is the next step? do I need to go to VSF to submit? is it a walkin or need to book online any appointment, especially there is 3 day off now.

as far as 3050 is concerned, I am sure they took that for using premium lounge service (same happened to us in Chandigarh vfs) and it doesn't include courier fee.
Can u pls guide me on these 3 ques as I checked the letter late and deadline of passport submission is this week
Hi,
Can you please share your timeline including the dates for every email you got from them.

Regarding your question, I think you have to book an appointment and the person has to go him/herself for that.

I have heard people saying its taking 10-14 days for you to get your passport back.

Mar 25, 2021
Hello everyone!!
I have applied my mothers visitor visa on Dec 13 2020, biometrics already completed. I have submitted the web form for prioritizing on july 04 and got the reply on august 08, since then i didnot get any update on ppr. Raised the web form again on august 29 no reply yet. Anyone on same boat.?

lost_identity

Star Member
May 20, 2017
Category........
Hello everyone!!
I have applied my mothers visitor visa on Dec 13 2020, biometrics already completed. I have submitted the web form for prioritizing on july 04 and got the reply on august 08, since then i didnot get any update on ppr. Raised the web form again on august 29 no reply yet. Anyone on same boat.?
Hi,
Did you raise webform to the specific VO or the covid 19 one! Btw what was the reply that you got from them?

Mar 25, 2021
Hi,
Did you raise webform to the specific VO or the covid 19 one! Btw what was the reply that you got from them?

Hello,
Yes i have raised webform to Delhi VO. I got the same reply as following on aug 04, . Since then nothing, Filled web form again no reply.

This is a reply from them,
Good day,

We thank you for your patience in this difficult time

N90

Star Member
Oct 21, 2019
Hello everyone!!

I received the same response on August 6th. No update after that. I do think after this point it depends on your local VO and travel dates.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017

Hi, you can submit 2 way courier pasport submission service here https://visa.vfsglobal.com/ind/en/can/news/passport-submission-service-via-2-way-courier

You will be asked to provide your vfs premium lounge receipt number in the form when you click on above link.( pincode - pincode of your area for bluedart to see if they offer pick up and drop off in your area, otherwise there are differnt steps to drop pp at bluedart location that will be mentioned in the email you will receive or in the form may be)

Once request is submitted, you will get an email from vfs in 24 hrs with a payment link to pay for passport pick up and drop off. Pay the fees, wait for airway bill number (bluedart) email with instructions to fill required forms.

Prepare your envelope based on given instructions in email. Then wait for bluedart guy to come and collect passport.