+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa and submitted the biometrics in December 2020(this thread is for people who applied till Nov but still posting here since it might help others in similar situation) from the USA. Today I received the correspondence letter.

1. Since it's a visitor visa I am assuming medical examination isn't needed, right?

2. What to expect after the correspondence letter? Is BVL the next step for a visitor visa or is it a passport request/refusal? Does anyone have an estimate on the next step based on their experience?

malikjatin

Star Member
Aug 18, 2015
Application Date: July 7, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 8, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 28, 2021 (at Chennai)
Country of residence: India(TRV applied outside Canada)
Applicant is my Mother.
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder. To be present during the significant moment of the birth of our first grandchild)
Raised Travel Excemption Webform : Aug 6
Passport Request: Aug 10

This forum has been very helpful.Got so much of inputs from everyone.Thanks much everyone.

All the very best guys.Believe in GOD strongly .He will make it happen for sure.
Hi Harshara,
Can I please talk to you over a call fr some clarifications related to my mother's visa?
If that is possible.

Thanks a lot in advance.

lt3001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
What details and documents did you provide in the webform? I suggest you wait for couple of days more..
I mention that father is eligible for priority processing as he is immediate family member of permanent resident. I attached the relationship proof and my PR card.

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
I just received a passport request. I am not sure if the web form helped in expediting the process but I filled a web form couple of weeks back. Earlier also I submitted the webform twice but no response.

lt3001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
I just received a passport request. I am not sure if the web form helped in expediting the process but I filled a web form couple of weeks back. Earlier also I submitted the webform twice but no response.
Congrats. When did you give biometrics? Also, when did you raise webforms?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
No you are applying through US offices and you meet current wait times.

maskaravivek

Jul 1, 2021
That is fairly normal and you applied a long time ago.
Yeah makes sense. Can you point me to the process for submitting the passport for a visitor visa. I couldn't find the instructions online.

Do I need to visit the VAC in LA or can I submit the passport via mail? It will help if someone can point me to a resource that has the complete set of steps?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yeah makes sense. Can you point me to the process for submitting the passport for a visitor visa. I couldn't find the instructions online.

Do I need to visit the VAC in LA or can I submit the passport via mail? It will help if someone can point me to a resource that has the complete set of steps?
Did they not provide instructions?

Sharmaine1130

Star Member
Aug 12, 2021
I applied for a visitor visa and submitted the biometrics in December 2020(this thread is for people who applied till Nov but still posting here since it might help others in similar situation) from the USA. Today I received the correspondence letter.

1. Since it's a visitor visa I am assuming medical examination isn't needed, right?

2. What to expect after the correspondence letter? Is BVL the next step for a visitor visa or is it a passport request/refusal? Does anyone have an estimate on the next step based on their experience?
hi, is the purpose of your visit an essential or leisure?