+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
It took about 2 weeks.
Hi HkCaptian,
Did you get your mother's passport back? Just wanted to check if you received multiple entry visa or single entry one.
I am in similar situation as you, waiting eagerly for mother's visa processing as she is alone there.
Really appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Application Date: July 7, 2021
Biometrics requested: July 8, 2021
Biometrics Completion date: July 28, 2021 (at Chennai)
Country of residence: India(TRV applied outside Canada)
Applicant is my Mother.
Purpose of visit(Essential or non-essential): “Other COVID-19” (Family Reunification of an Immediate Family Member of a Canadian PR holder. To be present during the significant moment of the birth of our first grandchild)
Raised Travel Excemption Webform : Aug 6
Passport Request: Aug 10

This forum has been very helpful.Got so much of inputs from everyone.Thanks much everyone.

All the very best guys.Believe in GOD strongly .He will make it happen for sure.
Received the counterfoil doc today.Stamping has been done yesterday in Delhi office and the status got updated in the account with the Visa Validity period.

Gary Singh Rai

Feb 8, 2019
Received the counterfoil doc today.Stamping has been done yesterday in Delhi office and the status got updated in the account with the Visa Validity period.
Hi Harshara,
Congratulations, did you get multiple entry or single entry visa? Could you please share validity of the visa.
Thank you

th1ru

Jul 9, 2018
I submitted my Mom's visitor visa application last year and her biometrics appointment is in a couple of weeks.

Should I update the Visitor visa documents like Travel Itinerary, Invitation Letter, Bank statements, and travel date as they all have the old dates? And, do I have to do it through the web form?

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
Hi Harshara,
Congratulations, did you get multiple entry or single entry visa? Could you please share validity of the visa.
Thank you
Thanks Gary.

It's a Multiple Entry Visa.Mom's passport expires on May 2028.So Visa is approved till May 2028.

nishanj

Star Member
Jul 14, 2017
Hi, Once you have visit visa for your parents, how are you booking flights for them to Canada? Will they be traveling the same routes as the students, in chartered flights?

Harshara

Mar 21, 2021
Category........
VISIT
I will be booking in Etihad airways with one stop over in Abudhabhi.Also with a layover time of 6 hrs for RTPCR test in Abudhabi .

lt3001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
My dad gave Biometrics on July 23 and I raised web form for prioritization on Aug 03. Its being more than 14 business days and I did not hear back anything from CIC. Shall I raise another web form to check the status of the application? Please suggest if there is any other way to expedite the processing.

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Hello,

I have received passport request for my father. And now he needs to submit his passport by using online payment link on vfs website, but he already paid for the services at VFS chandigarh office rupees 3050 for two way courier service.
Can someone pleaae guide how much time it will take to collect his passport? Or do I need to use the link on vfs website and pay the fees again?

lt3001

Star Member
Jun 10, 2020
Hello,

I have received passport request for my father. And now he needs to submit his passport by using online payment link on vfs website, but he already paid for the services at VFS chandigarh office rupees 3050 for two way courier service.
Can someone pleaae guide how much time it will take to collect his passport? Or do I need to use the link on vfs website and pay the fees again?
Can you please share the timelines for your father application? When did he give biometrics? Did you raise webform for priortizing?

Santacan

Jul 8, 2018
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2018
My dad gave Biometrics on July 23 and I raised web form for prioritization on Aug 03. Its being more than 14 business days and I did not hear back anything from CIC. Shall I raise another web form to check the status of the application? Please suggest if there is any other way to expedite the processing.
What details and documents did you provide in the webform? I suggest you wait for couple of days more..

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Can you please share the timelines for your father application? When did he give biometrics? Did you raise webform for priortizing?
Hi, I had applied on compassionate grounds. So it got prioritized.