+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Visitor Visa (from India - outside of Canada) applicants of October or November 2020

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hi,

1. I applied for visit visa using the instructions in the below link:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

Step 2: Fill out the form
When answering the question on the application form about the purpose of travel, enter the following information exactly as written to make sure your application is prioritized:

• For question 1 a) purpose of travel, choose “other” from the drop-down menu.
  • For question 1 b) description field, write “COVID-19” exactly like this (you must use capital letters).

2. Submitted application for PHAC approval (mentioned UCI number)

3. Got a single entry visa in a week.
hello can u explain ur timeline? and when did you apply and and what is ur current status and what do you mean by single entry visa?

swsood1686

Mar 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06 -Jan - 2016 (OINP)
Doc's Request.
19 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
Nomination.....
30 -Nov -2016 (OINP)
AOR Received.
19 - Feb - 2017 (eApr)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
Email was sent to IRCC.COVID-TravelExemptions-Exemptionsdevoyage-COVID.IRCC@cic.gc.ca

Here is the email format I sent. Please note that the email should be sent from the email id that was used to create the application and should be written from the perspective of the applicant:

To,
IRCC

I, <applicant name>, have recently applied for a <visa type: visitor/super visa>. I have been invited by <your name> - a Permanent Resident of Canada, who is my <relationship with PR holder>

I understand that immediate family members do not require an authorization letter to travel. I have also completed my biometrics. However, I am sending this email to request for my application to be prioritized as per the instructions on your website, given that I meet the travel exemptions set by IRCC.

Thank you for your time and consideration

your full name -
your date of birth -
if you have an application in process -
how you applied for your visa (online or by paper) -
your application number and unique client identifier (UCI) -
your passport number -
a detailed reason for travel -
the dates you plan to travel -
where you live now (current country of residence) -
your supporting documents to show you’re eligible to travel to Canada at this time - Proof of relation with Permanent Resident of Canada

Hello,
This is great, and congrats. Thank you for sharing.

Can you also share the blurb that you mentioned under "detailed reason of travel" ?

Thanks a bunch in advance.

kool_suny

Star Member
Dec 18, 2020
Hi

Does quarantine in hotel for people traveling on basis of compassionate ground needed?.I read in narcity that exception is there if you meet one of the three compassionate reason.

Have anyone travelled and skip hotel quarantine??
Have heard some cases where compassionate ground application gives us exemption from mandatory quarantine

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Test was free. If you have any relatives in dubai you can stay with them. there are no restrictions for that. my mother stayed with my relatives till getting covid results. You may get visa in 48 hrs for dubai. but if you try to book an appointment for biometrics you will get a date mostly after 2 weeks in dubai. but in abu dhabi you can get date any time. but the quarantine rules are different in abu dhabi.
Hi,
I am planning to send my parents for biometrics in Dubai & would like to get some information. How long it takes to get Dubai Visa and do you need to take another covid test at Dubai airport before boarding your flight back to India?

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
Hi,
I would like to get information on going to Dubai for Biometrics for my parents. Can anyone please share their experience on getting Dubai Visa, Covid test upon arrival as well as any quarantine process you need to follow? I am planning to send my parents asap to complete the biometrics. Any response would be appreciated.
Thanks.

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi @BC-PNP, did you have to change anything in their visa application to be able to submit biometrics in Dubai? In other words, did you have to mention Dubai anywhere in their application?
no need to change anything in visa application. I was having no plans to goto dubai when i applied visa.

BC-PNP

Star Member
Sep 19, 2018
Hi,
I am planning to send my parents for biometrics in Dubai & would like to get some information. How long it takes to get Dubai Visa and do you need to take another covid test at Dubai airport before boarding your flight back to India?
We got Dubai visa within 48 hrs after applying for it. My mother didnt took another covid test while coming back since she came back within 2 days. covid test need to be taken within 72 hrs if you are travelling back to India

reshma.sayeed

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
My Mother is travelling Dubai next week for Bio metrics and she will be back in 4 days. After how many days she will get passport request.? and she can submit passport in India right.?

I do not have any strong reason for her coming to canada only reason is she is alone back home.
Do i need to email IRCC.?

Please Advice

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
My Mother is travelling Dubai next week for Bio metrics and she will be back in 4 days. After how many days she will get passport request.? and she can submit passport in India right.?

I do not have any strong reason for her coming to canada only reason is she is alone back home.
Do i need to email IRCC.?

Please Advice
You can email them after completing biometrics as there is no harm.

reshma.sayeed

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
One more question after giving Bio metrics in Dubai how much time it takes for passport request.? and where shall we submit it India or Dubai?

pat40

Jan 21, 2020
One more question after giving Bio metrics in Dubai how much time it takes for passport request.? and where shall we submit it India or Dubai?
If you are in india then in india. Dubai is just for biometrics. And timeline is not mention anywhere on the website but i have seen people are getting response in 2 week after emailing them in most cases. Rest is on your luck and their mood.

reshma.sayeed

Star Member
Mar 11, 2021
If you are in india then in india. Dubai is just for biometrics. And timeline is not mention anywhere on the website but i have seen people are getting response in 2 week after emailing them in most cases. Rest is on your luck and their mood.
Thanks a lot

Johnparker

Star Member
Apr 1, 2016
We got Dubai visa within 48 hrs after applying for it. My mother didnt took another covid test while coming back since she came back within 2 days. covid test need to be taken within 72 hrs if you are travelling back to India
Thank you,

can you share the online link for dubai visitor visa you had applied for your mother ?

Have you applied visitor visa by yourself or you have arranged by agent ?

This is what i have read on govt. website of UAE. " Note: The UAE embassies do not issue tourist visas. In order to get a tourist visa to the UAE, you need to get in touch with one of the UAE-based airlines, a tour agency or a hotel (where you intend to stay) in the UAE who will apply for visa on your behalf to the official visa-issuing authorities in the UAE. "